Wiltshire Air Ambulance is delighted to announce it has received its Air Operator Certificate (AOC) and will return to Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) immediately.
The charity is now just one of four air ambulances who hold their own Air Operator Certificate.
Wiltshire Air Ambulance chief executive David Philpott says: “This has been a hard slog and has taken a lot longer than we anticipated – and a lot longer than it really should have.
“I would like to thank everyone who has worked tirelessly for the charity to get the AOC; they have all gone the extra mile.
“Our trustees have provided rock solid support throughout the process. Equally the backing from our Ambassadors and local MPs has been very welcome.
“Our pilots, paramedics and charity staff deserve immense credit for their work during this challenging period, along with our dedicated volunteers who are out supporting the charity at events come rain or shine.
“Importantly we are now able to return to what we are here to do, providing helicopter emergency medical services for the people of Wiltshire and surrounding areas.”
Wiltshire Air Ambulance’s Bell 429 helicopter is available to be called to incidents immediately.
- Foreign Military Sale of B412EPi and B429 to Guyana
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Bell Presents the Turkish Director General of Forestry with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Bell Presents the Turkish National Police with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Bell bundles SiriusXM Aviation Weather & Audio with new helicopters
- Bell Delivers the First TV News Helicopter to China
- Triumph To Provide Mechanical Flight Controls For Multiple Bell Platforms
- AeroBrigham awarded Jamaica Defence Force Bell 429 integration contract
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- Jamaica Defence Force picks CNC for airborne mission suites on 429 fleet
- 05-Mar-20 RP-3086 Bell 429 San Pedro, Philippines
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- S.A.F.E. Delivers Custom Bell 429 Stands to Southern California Edison
- Tennessee Valley Authority orders two Bell 429s and two 407GXi
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Life Flight Network Signs Purchase Agreement for B429 and B407GXi
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Swedish Police add two more Bell 429s