Wiltshire Air Ambulance is delighted to announce it has received its Air Operator Certificate (AOC) and will return to Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) immediately.
The charity is now just one of four air ambulances who hold their own Air Operator Certificate.
Wiltshire Air Ambulance chief executive David Philpott says: “This has been a hard slog and has taken a lot longer than we anticipated – and a lot longer than it really should have.
“I would like to thank everyone who has worked tirelessly for the charity to get the AOC; they have all gone the extra mile.
“Our trustees have provided rock solid support throughout the process. Equally the backing from our Ambassadors and local MPs has been very welcome.
“Our pilots, paramedics and charity staff deserve immense credit for their work during this challenging period, along with our dedicated volunteers who are out supporting the charity at events come rain or shine.
“Importantly we are now able to return to what we are here to do, providing helicopter emergency medical services for the people of Wiltshire and surrounding areas.”
Wiltshire Air Ambulance’s Bell 429 helicopter is available to be called to incidents immediately.
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- S.A.F.E. Delivers Custom Bell 429 Stands to Southern California Edison
- Tennessee Valley Authority orders two Bell 429s and two 407GXi
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Life Flight Network Signs Purchase Agreement for B429 and B407GXi
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Swedish Police add two more Bell 429s
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- Honeywell Brings Connectivity to New Heights at Heli-Expo 2019
- Bell and EDIC Horizon celebrate two more 429 deliveries
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance rent Explorer to cover for grounded Bell 429
- NZ Police contract with new operator and will switch to Bell 429
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance grounded by Heli Charter liquidation
- Bell to showcase at MEBAA 2018
- Bell 429 – TB_429-18-58 – Bellcrank Assemblies
- Bell showcases at Japan International Aerospace Exhibition 2018
- Bell 429 – FAA AD 2018-21-15 – Rod End
- Bell 429 – FAA AD 2018-16-51 – Tail rotor gearbox
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- Bell Delivers Three B429s