Penzance Helicopters has launched its new Residents Helicopter Travel Club offering reduced fares for Isles of Scilly residents.
The new and only Isles of Scilly helicopter service will fly direct from the purpose-built heliport in Penzance, from March 2020; flying to both St Mary’s and Tresco in just 15 minutes aboard a state-of-the-art, modern AW139 helicopter.
The Residents Helicopter Travel Club (RHTC) offers those living in the Isles of Scilly a 15% reduction in airfares all year round – intending to support greater connectivity for the islands’ community.
Residents of the islands can apply for RHTC membership by visiting www.penzancehelicopters.co.uk/RHTC. Tickets for RHTC members start from £104.13 one-way for adults and from £87.13 one-way for children.
Tickets can be booked by calling Penzance Helicopters on 01604 817115, quoting the RHTC membership number at the start of the booking.
Heading up the operation is the newly appointed General Manager Justin Wood – a former Isles of Scilly helicopter pilot who flew for over a decade, until the previous Penzance operation ceased in 2012, and has long since championed the services’ return. Beginning his career in the Royal Navy, Wood has experience flying Sea King and Lynx Helicopters, as well as the AW139 that will operate between Penzance and the Isles of Scilly next year.
Justin Wood, Penzance Helicopters General Manager, says: “Re-establishing the helicopter link to the Isles of Scilly will be the highlight of my career. It’s a great pleasure to be part of the team bringing a fast and convenient service to Scilly – benefitting both island communities and visitors alike. The Residents Helicopters Travel Club is our new initiative which we hope will help our local residents benefit from the new service.”
For further information or to apply for the new Residents Helicopter Travel Club please visitwww.penzancehelicopters.co.uk/RHTC.
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.
- Milestone Announces Leases of 7 Helicopters with Héli-Union
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- US Air Force gives Leonardo MH-139 a name – the Grey Wolf
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Petroleum Air Services adds 6th AW139
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- NHV gains a UK Air Operator Certificate
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Leonardo delivers its 1,000th AW139 helicopter
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft