Penzance Helicopters has launched its new Residents Helicopter Travel Club offering reduced fares for Isles of Scilly residents.
The new and only Isles of Scilly helicopter service will fly direct from the purpose-built heliport in Penzance, from March 2020; flying to both St Mary’s and Tresco in just 15 minutes aboard a state-of-the-art, modern AW139 helicopter.
The Residents Helicopter Travel Club (RHTC) offers those living in the Isles of Scilly a 15% reduction in airfares all year round – intending to support greater connectivity for the islands’ community.
Residents of the islands can apply for RHTC membership by visiting www.penzancehelicopters.co.uk/RHTC. Tickets for RHTC members start from £104.13 one-way for adults and from £87.13 one-way for children.
Tickets can be booked by calling Penzance Helicopters on 01604 817115, quoting the RHTC membership number at the start of the booking.
Heading up the operation is the newly appointed General Manager Justin Wood – a former Isles of Scilly helicopter pilot who flew for over a decade, until the previous Penzance operation ceased in 2012, and has long since championed the services’ return. Beginning his career in the Royal Navy, Wood has experience flying Sea King and Lynx Helicopters, as well as the AW139 that will operate between Penzance and the Isles of Scilly next year.
Justin Wood, Penzance Helicopters General Manager, says: “Re-establishing the helicopter link to the Isles of Scilly will be the highlight of my career. It’s a great pleasure to be part of the team bringing a fast and convenient service to Scilly – benefitting both island communities and visitors alike. The Residents Helicopters Travel Club is our new initiative which we hope will help our local residents benefit from the new service.”
For further information or to apply for the new Residents Helicopter Travel Club please visitwww.penzancehelicopters.co.uk/RHTC.
- Penzance Helicopters introduces AW139 to Isles of Scilly service
- Global AirParts announces AW139 part out project
- Leonardo AW139 – EASA AD 2020-0191 : Equipment / Furnishings
- Changes coming for heliport at Macau International Airport
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Leonardo presents AW139 enhanced capabilities
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Penzance Helicopters flights to restart 4th July, plus AW139 update
- FAA approves Coptersafety AW139 simulator
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle
- RBI Hawker completes industry first with AW139 main rotor blade repair
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.