Bell Textron Inc., a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, signed an agreement with the Army Partnership for Youth Success Program (PaYS) during a Veterans Day ceremony at the Bell Forth Worth headquarters.
PaYS helps prepare active-duty soldiers for careers outside the Army by connecting them with potential employers. Bell currently employees more than 1,300 veterans, and the partnership will help qualified veterans find careers at Bell.
“It’s an honor to be surrounded by so many servicemen, servicewomen, and military family members who answered the call and sacrificed so much for our liberties,” said Vince Tobin, executive vice president, Military Business. “One of the best parts of being in my position is seeing all our veterans have an opportunity to share their talents and experiences with us.” Tobin is a U.S. Army veteran with 21 years of service.
Attendees also had the opportunity to meet Don Elder, World War II veteran and Tuskegee Airman. Elder shared stories about his unique experiences in the service and working as a manager of diversity at Bell until his retirement in 2004. President George W. Bush awarded Elder the Congressional Gold Medal in March 2007.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO