Bell Textron Inc., a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, signed an agreement with the Army Partnership for Youth Success Program (PaYS) during a Veterans Day ceremony at the Bell Forth Worth headquarters.
PaYS helps prepare active-duty soldiers for careers outside the Army by connecting them with potential employers. Bell currently employees more than 1,300 veterans, and the partnership will help qualified veterans find careers at Bell.
“It’s an honor to be surrounded by so many servicemen, servicewomen, and military family members who answered the call and sacrificed so much for our liberties,” said Vince Tobin, executive vice president, Military Business. “One of the best parts of being in my position is seeing all our veterans have an opportunity to share their talents and experiences with us.” Tobin is a U.S. Army veteran with 21 years of service.
Attendees also had the opportunity to meet Don Elder, World War II veteran and Tuskegee Airman. Elder shared stories about his unique experiences in the service and working as a manager of diversity at Bell until his retirement in 2004. President George W. Bush awarded Elder the Congressional Gold Medal in March 2007.
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment
- Airbus improves service request facility in Keycopter portal
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Helijet appoints Director of Maintenance
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Inmarsat unveils new SwiftBroadband Helo X-Stream