Bell Textron Inc., a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, signed an agreement with the Army Partnership for Youth Success Program (PaYS) during a Veterans Day ceremony at the Bell Forth Worth headquarters.
PaYS helps prepare active-duty soldiers for careers outside the Army by connecting them with potential employers. Bell currently employees more than 1,300 veterans, and the partnership will help qualified veterans find careers at Bell.
“It’s an honor to be surrounded by so many servicemen, servicewomen, and military family members who answered the call and sacrificed so much for our liberties,” said Vince Tobin, executive vice president, Military Business. “One of the best parts of being in my position is seeing all our veterans have an opportunity to share their talents and experiences with us.” Tobin is a U.S. Army veteran with 21 years of service.
Attendees also had the opportunity to meet Don Elder, World War II veteran and Tuskegee Airman. Elder shared stories about his unique experiences in the service and working as a manager of diversity at Bell until his retirement in 2004. President George W. Bush awarded Elder the Congressional Gold Medal in March 2007.
- Northern HeliCopter Secures HEMS Contract for German Offshore Wind Farms
- First use with DRF Luftrettung EpiShuttle for Civil Air Ambulance
- Kopter officially joins Leonardo Helicopters
- Coulson Aviation expand helicopter firefighting ops in Australia
- FlightSafety delivers the ground school portion of LiveLearning training system
- Second charity helicopter air ambulance launched in Scotland
- COVID-19 – Airbus recommendations for cleaning and disinfection of their helicopters
- STARS announce winners of 2020 Alberta Lottery
- Boeing Delivers First CH-47F Chinook to Royal Netherlands Air Force
- COVID-19 – CHC adapt AW139s with all approvals completed inside two weeks
- HeliRussia postponed to the autumn
- RAF Helicopters Support Scottish Ambulance Service Trials
- TH-119 Certification Team Wins Harry T. Jensen Award
- Japan Coast Guard orders two more H225
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements