The EC145e will be prominently displayed during AMTC this year. Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta and the IFR-equipped GundersenAIR ships are on Metro Aviation’s booth, allowing attendees a chance to crawl inside and see the aircraft up close. For those who want a more intimate introduction to the aircraft, Metro Aviation is providing flight demos from the convention center on Monday and Tuesday.
“The EC145e has much to offer and we want to demonstrate its capabilities for potential customers,” said Metro President Mike Stanberry. “It really is a game-changer for air medical programs that are looking to upgrade their aging BK117 aircraft, but don’t have the budget for the H145 or need IFR with the ability to carry more weight.”
The EC145e is a powerful, reliable and affordable light twin helicopter boasting a short delivery lead-time, excellent cost competitiveness, and increased useful payload. It retains the power, performance, and reliability of the EC145 and the same large cabin with clam-shell rear doors for easy and safe loading and unloading. The EC145e has a maximum takeoff weight of 7,903 lbs, the same as the EC145 C2 variant, but the useful load is increased by as much as 330 lbs (VFR) and as much as 270 lbs (IFR).
In high demand, Metro Aviation has just ten remaining from its unprecedented order of 25 last year. With the airframe’s limited quantity and unlimited potential, Metro expects to sell out by December 2020.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf