In a celebratory ceremony attended by a number of helicopter operators, industry OEMs and local government officials, StandardAero announced the opening of its newest helicopter Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) facility, continuing its longstanding commitment to the strategic Richmond, BC area and to providing comprehensive aftermarket services to the dense helicopter industry in the Pacific Northwest and global community alike.
The opening of the new StandardAero Vancouver facility is the culmination of StandardAero’s efforts in establishing dedicated Centers of Excellence to streamline helicopter support operations across its varied engine and airframe MRO businesses.
“Just over a year ago, we set out on a mission to improve our operations in a manner that would allow us to better leverage the expertise of our skilled workforce and streamline our processes to achieve higher levels of efficiency and customer service,” said Claus Eisenschmid, StandardAero’s Vice President and General Manager for Helicopter Programs. “The opening of our new StandardAero Vancouver facility is a major milestone in completing that mission and fulfilling the promise we made to our customers and OEM partners to establish highly efficient Centers of Excellence, and we are extraordinarily grateful for the immense support we have received from them throughout this transition.”
The new 24,000 square foot facility brings together similar work previously completed at separate locations and now houses all support shops including machining, cleaning, painting and non-destructive testing (NDT) for GE T700/CT7 engines, Rolls-Royce M250 engines and Airbus Helicopters dynamic components. The new facility has successfully received Transport Canada validation across all of the supported product lines and maintains StandardAero’s commitment to OEM-aligned services through its designation as an authorized GE T700/CT7 Authorized Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Provider (AMROP), Rolls-Royce M250 Authorized Maintenance Repair & Overhaul Center (AMROC) and Airbus Helicopters approved Maintenance and Repair Center.
Visitors of the Helicopter Association of Canada (HAC) annual trade show taking place at the Vancouver Convention Centre November 15 – 16 can visit the StandardAero booth (#318/320) to learn more about the new Richmond, BC facility and StandardAero’s extensive helicopter airframe and engine MRO capabilities.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf