Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services are launching, at the Dubai Air Show, an all-new rotorcraft-dedicated terminal concept. This initiative will meet the growing demands for sustainable and modern vertical lift mobility as well as greater access to urban areas.
The new rotorcraft terminal uniquely combines a helipad, a showroom and lounge areas in a single city-based heliport. The terminal will be supporting the development of a network of point-to-point connections for both urban transfers and connections between cities. VIP and charter services users and passengers will be provided with levels of service typically available only in larger private airport facilities far from downtown and urban areas. The rotorcraft terminal features strong environmentally friendly design and modularity using recyclable materials and, If required, it can be transported.
A rotorcraft terminal will be established in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, next year in close proximity to the Expo 2020 area, comfortably supporting helicopter transport operations to and from the site. Leading operator Falcon Aviation Services will use the terminal to deliver bestin-class helicopter transport services. Joining forces in this initiative, Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services will leverage their longstanding successful partnership in helicopter transportation across the region, offering customers an exclusive flight experience.
With approximately 90% of the UAE’s VIP helicopter fleet made of Leonardo products, the Company will be showcasing its AW609 tiltrotor beside the terminal, providing a further example of innovative leadership in passenger transportation. The world’s fastest commercial rotorcraft, the AW609 is set to begin a new era in urban connections, with unprecedented benefits for cities in the UAE and the Gulf region too.
Alessandro Profumo, Leonardo CEO, said: “This one of a kind initiative demonstrates that Leonardo, together with its long-established leading partners, is shaping the way we will fly in the next few decades. We’re proud to have joined forces with Falcon Aviation Services on this project in Dubai which will provide unprecedented levels of quality transportation services during a world class event like Expo 2020.”
Her Highness Sheikha Alyazia Bint Sultan Bin Khalifa Al Nahyan, Chairperson of the Executive Managing Committee Falcon Aviation, said: “We’re very excited to be working with Leonardo on this groundbreaking development in sustainable air mobility in Dubai to provide a never-beforeseen level of transport service to millions of visitors during the World’s Greatest Show.”
Building on Leonardo’s long established expertise and leadership in the VIP-VVIP/executive helicopter transport world market, several rotorcraft terminals may be established in other geographies, including Europe, North and South America, South-East Asia, to respond to the regional demands for innovative mobility and greater levels of service.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot