Abu Dhabi Aviation (ADA), the largest commercial helicopter operator in MENA and Leonardo announced today, during an official ceremony at the Dubai Air Show, the signing of contracts for 5 helicopters including three intermediate AW139s and two light-intermediate AW169s. The aircrafts are scheduled for delivery in 2020. The agreement, which represents ADA’s first order for the AW169 helicopters, will expand ADA’s fleet of Leonardo helicopters which already incorporates 16 intermediate AW139 helicopters, primarily supporting the oil and gas industry. These latest orders are part of an agreement for 15 helicopters including the AW139/AW169/AW189 types announced at the end of 2015.
Like the AW139s, also the AW169s will benefit from the support solutions provided locally by AgustaWestland Aviation Services LLC, an Abu Dhabi Aviation (ADA) and Leonardo joint venture delivering thorough support and maintenance services in the region. Operating both the AW139 and AW169 ADA will also add to the range of customers worldwide who are benefitting from the unique advantages of the AW Family of new generation helicopter models.
Alessandro Profumo, Leonardo CEO, said: “We’re honoured our long established leading partner Abu Dhabi Aviation has now decided to add the AW169 to their fleet, confirming their trust in our technology to provide a major contribution to their future success.”
“This agreement has come to support the oil and gas industry inside and outside the UAE and to satisfy the transport, air-ambulance and other needs. It is in line with the Company’s strategy to expand its fleet of new generation aircraft in order to meet its customers’ needs, in light of the expected high demand in 2020″ said H.E. Nader Ahmed Al Hammadi, Chairman of Abu Dhabi Aviation.
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment
- Airbus improves service request facility in Keycopter portal
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Helijet appoints Director of Maintenance
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Inmarsat unveils new SwiftBroadband Helo X-Stream