Abu Dhabi Aviation (ADA), the largest commercial helicopter operator in MENA and Leonardo announced today, during an official ceremony at the Dubai Air Show, the signing of contracts for 5 helicopters including three intermediate AW139s and two light-intermediate AW169s. The aircrafts are scheduled for delivery in 2020. The agreement, which represents ADA’s first order for the AW169 helicopters, will expand ADA’s fleet of Leonardo helicopters which already incorporates 16 intermediate AW139 helicopters, primarily supporting the oil and gas industry. These latest orders are part of an agreement for 15 helicopters including the AW139/AW169/AW189 types announced at the end of 2015.
Like the AW139s, also the AW169s will benefit from the support solutions provided locally by AgustaWestland Aviation Services LLC, an Abu Dhabi Aviation (ADA) and Leonardo joint venture delivering thorough support and maintenance services in the region. Operating both the AW139 and AW169 ADA will also add to the range of customers worldwide who are benefitting from the unique advantages of the AW Family of new generation helicopter models.
Alessandro Profumo, Leonardo CEO, said: “We’re honoured our long established leading partner Abu Dhabi Aviation has now decided to add the AW169 to their fleet, confirming their trust in our technology to provide a major contribution to their future success.”
“This agreement has come to support the oil and gas industry inside and outside the UAE and to satisfy the transport, air-ambulance and other needs. It is in line with the Company’s strategy to expand its fleet of new generation aircraft in order to meet its customers’ needs, in light of the expected high demand in 2020″ said H.E. Nader Ahmed Al Hammadi, Chairman of Abu Dhabi Aviation.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf