Leonardo announced that Petroleum Air Services of Egypt will add a sixth AW139 intermediate twin helicopter to its fleet by year end. The aircraft will be used to perform offshore transport operations in Egypt.
Leading operator Petroleum Air Services has been deploying AW139 helicopters in support of the Oil&Gas industry in the country since 2009. Since then over 12,900 flight hours have been logged and more than 95,000 passengers have been safely carried. The AW139 has proven a key asset for Petroleum Air Services, able to meet the most stringent requirements of OGP customers and perfectly suited for deep water operations.
With the addition of its sixth AW139, Petroleum Air Services will be able to further support expansion plans for future offshore transport activities and exploration in the Eastern area of the Mediterranean Sea. These require high safety standards, advanced avionics, high speed and excellent overall performance, with the AW139 delivering unmatched capabilities in all those aspects.
The AW139 set new standards in the market in terms of flight and mission technology, cabin space and comfort, performance, safety and reliability as well as introducing advanced support, maintenance and training services. The AW139 is exceeding the evolving Oil&Gas market’s stringent requirements with unique features including, among other unique capabilities, a 60+ minutes run dry capable main gear box. More than 1100 AW139s have been ordered by over 280 customers in more than 70 nations to date for any kind of mission. The global fleet has amassed over 2.5 million flight hours with over 1000 aircraft delivered.
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19
- HAI Urges Caution Re FAA Announcement for Airmen Medical Certificates
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135