Leonardo announced that Petroleum Air Services of Egypt will add a sixth AW139 intermediate twin helicopter to its fleet by year end. The aircraft will be used to perform offshore transport operations in Egypt.
Leading operator Petroleum Air Services has been deploying AW139 helicopters in support of the Oil&Gas industry in the country since 2009. Since then over 12,900 flight hours have been logged and more than 95,000 passengers have been safely carried. The AW139 has proven a key asset for Petroleum Air Services, able to meet the most stringent requirements of OGP customers and perfectly suited for deep water operations.
With the addition of its sixth AW139, Petroleum Air Services will be able to further support expansion plans for future offshore transport activities and exploration in the Eastern area of the Mediterranean Sea. These require high safety standards, advanced avionics, high speed and excellent overall performance, with the AW139 delivering unmatched capabilities in all those aspects.
The AW139 set new standards in the market in terms of flight and mission technology, cabin space and comfort, performance, safety and reliability as well as introducing advanced support, maintenance and training services. The AW139 is exceeding the evolving Oil&Gas market’s stringent requirements with unique features including, among other unique capabilities, a 60+ minutes run dry capable main gear box. More than 1100 AW139s have been ordered by over 280 customers in more than 70 nations to date for any kind of mission. The global fleet has amassed over 2.5 million flight hours with over 1000 aircraft delivered.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics