Leonardo announced that Petroleum Air Services of Egypt will add a sixth AW139 intermediate twin helicopter to its fleet by year end. The aircraft will be used to perform offshore transport operations in Egypt.
Leading operator Petroleum Air Services has been deploying AW139 helicopters in support of the Oil&Gas industry in the country since 2009. Since then over 12,900 flight hours have been logged and more than 95,000 passengers have been safely carried. The AW139 has proven a key asset for Petroleum Air Services, able to meet the most stringent requirements of OGP customers and perfectly suited for deep water operations.
With the addition of its sixth AW139, Petroleum Air Services will be able to further support expansion plans for future offshore transport activities and exploration in the Eastern area of the Mediterranean Sea. These require high safety standards, advanced avionics, high speed and excellent overall performance, with the AW139 delivering unmatched capabilities in all those aspects.
The AW139 set new standards in the market in terms of flight and mission technology, cabin space and comfort, performance, safety and reliability as well as introducing advanced support, maintenance and training services. The AW139 is exceeding the evolving Oil&Gas market’s stringent requirements with unique features including, among other unique capabilities, a 60+ minutes run dry capable main gear box. More than 1100 AW139s have been ordered by over 280 customers in more than 70 nations to date for any kind of mission. The global fleet has amassed over 2.5 million flight hours with over 1000 aircraft delivered.
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment
- Airbus improves service request facility in Keycopter portal
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Helijet appoints Director of Maintenance
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Inmarsat unveils new SwiftBroadband Helo X-Stream