The French Armament General Directorate (DGA) announced that Schiebel’s CAMCOPTER® S-100 is now fully integrated with French Navy Mistral class amphibious helicopter carrier Dixmude. For the first time in Europe, a rotary wing Unmanned Air System (UAS) is fully operational and connected to the defence system of an amphibious helicopter carrier.
The Naval Group carried out the necessary modification of the ship in spring 2019, after a successful operational 2-year testing phase ensuring the interoperability between the vessel and the UAS. The video output from the S-100 was integrated in the onboard combat system. With the Schiebel CAMCOPTER® S-100, the helicopter carrier is increasing its Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities.
The CAMCOPTER® S-100 operates day and night and can carry multiple payloads with a combined weight of up to 50 kg. Due to its minimal logistical footprint and size, it is ideally suited for maritime operations.
“We’re extremely proud of the fact, that we are the first rotary wing UAS being operational and connected to an amphibious helicopter carrier in Europe. It is an honour to be working with the DGA, Naval Group and French Navy,” said Hans Georg Schiebel, Chairman of the Schiebel Group.
Acting as a contracting authority, the DGA managed all technical stages, in close collaboration with the French Naval Group and Austrian Schiebel Group.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot