The French Armament General Directorate (DGA) announced that Schiebel’s CAMCOPTER® S-100 is now fully integrated with French Navy Mistral class amphibious helicopter carrier Dixmude. For the first time in Europe, a rotary wing Unmanned Air System (UAS) is fully operational and connected to the defence system of an amphibious helicopter carrier.
The Naval Group carried out the necessary modification of the ship in spring 2019, after a successful operational 2-year testing phase ensuring the interoperability between the vessel and the UAS. The video output from the S-100 was integrated in the onboard combat system. With the Schiebel CAMCOPTER® S-100, the helicopter carrier is increasing its Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities.
The CAMCOPTER® S-100 operates day and night and can carry multiple payloads with a combined weight of up to 50 kg. Due to its minimal logistical footprint and size, it is ideally suited for maritime operations.
“We’re extremely proud of the fact, that we are the first rotary wing UAS being operational and connected to an amphibious helicopter carrier in Europe. It is an honour to be working with the DGA, Naval Group and French Navy,” said Hans Georg Schiebel, Chairman of the Schiebel Group.
Acting as a contracting authority, the DGA managed all technical stages, in close collaboration with the French Naval Group and Austrian Schiebel Group.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf