MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announced the delivery of the final five (5) new MD 530F Cayuse Warrior helicopters ordered for the Afghan Air Force via the company’s $1.4 billion, 5-year IDIQ contract.
Part of a 30-aircraft order issued in September 2017, the final five aircraft shipped out of Mesa-Gateway Airport, Mesa, Arizona, via 747 and reached Kandahar on October 27, 2019. The aircraft were reassembled and ready for active service in less than 10 days.
“The vigilant efforts of the Afghan Air Force to protect their country and their citizens from the expanse of terrorism are both noble and steadfast,” said Lynn Tilton, Chief Executive Officer for MD Helicopters, Inc. “Our respect for the warfighter is unwavering, and we are honored that the growing MD 530F Cayuse Warrior fleet plays such an important role in the safe, effective and efficient execution of these efforts.”
With this shipment, MD Helicopters has successfully met all requirements of IDIQ Delivery Order 1, and the number of MD 530F training and combat aircraft delivered to the Afghan Air Force has reached 60.
“The iconic MD Helicopters airframe was born to serve the warfighter,” Tilton concludes. “As a proud American manufacturer with a decades-long pedigree of delivering best-in-class rotorcraft options, we remain committed to the ongoing delivery of robust light scout attack helicopter solutions to US and Allied Nations around the world.”
MD Helicopters has an additional 24 aircraft contracted via the IDIQ contract vehicle. Future deliveries remain on schedule.
DIGITAL ASSETS: Images of the aircraft pack and ship can be requested from MDHI Marketing. Click here for a video look into how MDHI ships MD 530F Cayuse Warrior helicopters around the world.
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual