MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announced the delivery of the final five (5) new MD 530F Cayuse Warrior helicopters ordered for the Afghan Air Force via the company’s $1.4 billion, 5-year IDIQ contract.
Part of a 30-aircraft order issued in September 2017, the final five aircraft shipped out of Mesa-Gateway Airport, Mesa, Arizona, via 747 and reached Kandahar on October 27, 2019. The aircraft were reassembled and ready for active service in less than 10 days.
“The vigilant efforts of the Afghan Air Force to protect their country and their citizens from the expanse of terrorism are both noble and steadfast,” said Lynn Tilton, Chief Executive Officer for MD Helicopters, Inc. “Our respect for the warfighter is unwavering, and we are honored that the growing MD 530F Cayuse Warrior fleet plays such an important role in the safe, effective and efficient execution of these efforts.”
With this shipment, MD Helicopters has successfully met all requirements of IDIQ Delivery Order 1, and the number of MD 530F training and combat aircraft delivered to the Afghan Air Force has reached 60.
“The iconic MD Helicopters airframe was born to serve the warfighter,” Tilton concludes. “As a proud American manufacturer with a decades-long pedigree of delivering best-in-class rotorcraft options, we remain committed to the ongoing delivery of robust light scout attack helicopter solutions to US and Allied Nations around the world.”
MD Helicopters has an additional 24 aircraft contracted via the IDIQ contract vehicle. Future deliveries remain on schedule.
DIGITAL ASSETS: Images of the aircraft pack and ship can be requested from MDHI Marketing. Click here for a video look into how MDHI ships MD 530F Cayuse Warrior helicopters around the world.
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform