MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announced the delivery of the final five (5) new MD 530F Cayuse Warrior helicopters ordered for the Afghan Air Force via the company’s $1.4 billion, 5-year IDIQ contract.
Part of a 30-aircraft order issued in September 2017, the final five aircraft shipped out of Mesa-Gateway Airport, Mesa, Arizona, via 747 and reached Kandahar on October 27, 2019. The aircraft were reassembled and ready for active service in less than 10 days.
“The vigilant efforts of the Afghan Air Force to protect their country and their citizens from the expanse of terrorism are both noble and steadfast,” said Lynn Tilton, Chief Executive Officer for MD Helicopters, Inc. “Our respect for the warfighter is unwavering, and we are honored that the growing MD 530F Cayuse Warrior fleet plays such an important role in the safe, effective and efficient execution of these efforts.”
With this shipment, MD Helicopters has successfully met all requirements of IDIQ Delivery Order 1, and the number of MD 530F training and combat aircraft delivered to the Afghan Air Force has reached 60.
“The iconic MD Helicopters airframe was born to serve the warfighter,” Tilton concludes. “As a proud American manufacturer with a decades-long pedigree of delivering best-in-class rotorcraft options, we remain committed to the ongoing delivery of robust light scout attack helicopter solutions to US and Allied Nations around the world.”
MD Helicopters has an additional 24 aircraft contracted via the IDIQ contract vehicle. Future deliveries remain on schedule.
DIGITAL ASSETS: Images of the aircraft pack and ship can be requested from MDHI Marketing. Click here for a video look into how MDHI ships MD 530F Cayuse Warrior helicopters around the world.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot