Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT) has received planning permission from Epping Forest District Council for new premises at North Weald which will secure the future of the North Weald operation of the Charity.
EHAAT will make use of a one-off grant of £1.5 million from the Government to help pay for the new Airbase, which will cost around £4.5 million.
Construction of the building will begin next year and is scheduled to be complete during Winter 2020.
Jane Gurney, Chief Executive Officer at EHAAT said: “This is fantastic news. A lot of hard work has gone into these plans over many months, so it is great news to get the green light. The new building will give us security of tenure and will result in significant cost savings compared to leasing a new building built to the same specification.”
As well as facilities for aircraft, vehicles and aircrew, the building will include space for training, mentoring, patient liaison and cross training with other emergency services, which will benefit both EHAAT and the local pre-hospital care community.
It will also provide a visitor centre which will allow EHAAT to welcome and engage with their supporters plus space for the EHAAT Hertfordshire Fundraising Team to work more closely with their clinical colleagues.
In addition to the proposed new Airbase at North Weald, the Charity is also undertaking improvement works to the facilities at its Earls Colne Airbase.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot