Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT) has received planning permission from Epping Forest District Council for new premises at North Weald which will secure the future of the North Weald operation of the Charity.
EHAAT will make use of a one-off grant of £1.5 million from the Government to help pay for the new Airbase, which will cost around £4.5 million.
Construction of the building will begin next year and is scheduled to be complete during Winter 2020.
Jane Gurney, Chief Executive Officer at EHAAT said: “This is fantastic news. A lot of hard work has gone into these plans over many months, so it is great news to get the green light. The new building will give us security of tenure and will result in significant cost savings compared to leasing a new building built to the same specification.”
As well as facilities for aircraft, vehicles and aircrew, the building will include space for training, mentoring, patient liaison and cross training with other emergency services, which will benefit both EHAAT and the local pre-hospital care community.
It will also provide a visitor centre which will allow EHAAT to welcome and engage with their supporters plus space for the EHAAT Hertfordshire Fundraising Team to work more closely with their clinical colleagues.
In addition to the proposed new Airbase at North Weald, the Charity is also undertaking improvement works to the facilities at its Earls Colne Airbase.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020