Airbus Helicopters and OCCAR (Organisation Conjointe de Coopération en matière d’Armement / Organisation for Joint Armament Co-operation) have signed a tri-lateral Global Support Contract aimed at boosting the availability rate of the Tigers in service in the French, German, and Spanish Armies. With this long-term support agreement, Tiger readiness and supportability will be secured for the next decade and beyond. The contract covers critical items such as continuous improvement and obsolescence treatment as well as securing repair and spares capabilities with all vendors involved. In addition, it provides for the individual needs of each customer in line with their operational and deployment scenarios. For instance, in France, the agreement guarantees parts availability up to 98% and provides for the simplification of logistics as Airbus Helicopters will also directly take over the provisioning of new parts, as well as repaired parts and other expendables.
“We are proud to be providing long term and additional support to Tigers, especially when some of those Tigers are continuously deployed in important operational theatres. This contract allows our customers to reliably plan their support activities for the next decade” said Bruno Even, Airbus Helicopters CEO.
At present 183 Tigers have been delivered to France, Germany, Spain, and Australia, and have accumulated over 130,000 flight hours to date. First deployed by the French Army in Afghanistan in 2009, and then shortly followed by the German and Spanish Armies, the Tiger continues to demonstrate its essential role on theatres of operation as a highly versatile, stealthy, and maneuverable attack helicopter.
- NHV to increase hangarage at Aberdeen
- Full Ice clearance for AW169 delayed by COVID19
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- Abaco wins cabin computer contract with helicopter OEM
- Change of date for EASA Rotorcraft and VTOL Symposium 2020
- Foreign Military Sale to Romania for Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Romania of Naval Strike Missile (NSM) Coastal Defense Systems (CDS)
- Devon Air Ambulance is targeted by bright lights
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 16 Oct 20
- 18-Oct-20 N566BC Robinson R22 Winder, US-Georgia
- British Helicopter Association announces winner of annual Eric Brown Award
- Longbow awarded $32M contract for spare parts kits for AH-64E
- Garmin announces 2021 Virtual Format Pilot Training Classes
- Babcock starts Total contract from Aberdeen
- 16-Oct-20 N500DL Robinson R44 Pahrump, US-Nevada
- 16-Oct-20 N777CP Bell 206 Lakeland, US-Florida
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- First NH90 delivered to the Spanish Air Force for SAR missions
- Philippine Coast Guard takes delivery of second H145
- Life Link III Acquires FlightBridgeED
- Study supports EMS use of piloted multicopters