Daedalean and Honeywell, Inc. have signed an agreement on joint
testing and technological partnership in developing solutions for autonomous takeoff, landing and GPS-independent
navigation and collision avoidance for GA aircraft and electric vertical takeoff and landing vehicles (eVTOL).
Additionally, Honeywell Ventures has joined the Swiss startup’s pool of investors, the amount and conditions
undisclosed. In July 2019, Daedalean announced it had raised a total of $12 million in funding.
Daedalean’s innovations promise benefits well before full autonomy in the cockpit becomes a reality, with the potential
to enhance classical flight deck instruments including collision avoidance systems, flight directors and autopilots. The
systems able to process visual images, similar to human-like situational awareness, can simplify pilot operations greatly
and thereby free up the pilot’s attention for safety-critical oversight.
“Developing flight control software requires lots of flight data,” noted Luuk van Dijk, founder and CEO of Daedalean.
“That’s why the collaboration with prominent industry partners such as Honeywell is critical for us to speed up the
development of our technology. We are preparing for the joint flights testing our solutions for various types of aircraft,
and excited to carry out trials on the planes we haven’t tried before.”
- Bell Unveils New Manufacturing Technology Center
- Helicentre Aviation Extends 2020 Scholarships Deadline
- AIRO Group buys Aspen Avionics
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- 08-Aug-20 N….. Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus