Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) debuted a virtual reality version of its portable V-22 trainer today at I/ITSEC, the world’s largest modeling, simulation and training event. Aircraft Functional V-22 Trainer-Virtual Reality is a fully immersive system that provides hyper-realistic training across all experience levels, including early-career aviation maintenance students and those engaged in continuing education.
“The system is intuitive and realistic, making the training sessions more productive and meaningful,” said Wendell Bradshaw, director at Raytheon’s Intelligence, Information and Services business. “Adding the virtual reality element further increases the training’s realism and the students’ mission readiness.”
Students can access integrated interactive electronics technical manuals and 41 different operational aircrew and maintainer checklists to help them navigate the fully interactive cockpit, cabin, and exterior.
Instructors can insert up to 81 unique system failures, such as electrical power, navigation, blade-fold, and electronic warfare, into the training scenarios. The trainer also supports multiplayer collaboration with directional audio and two-way communications with instructors and other students.
To experience the V-22 trainer during I/ITSEC, please visit Raytheon’s booth #1037 at the Orange County Convention Center, Dec. 2-5, 2019.
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19
- HAI Urges Caution Re FAA Announcement for Airmen Medical Certificates
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135