Construction of the new Helisim Training & Simulation Center in the United States is on track. The centre, located at Airbus Helicopters’ U.S. headquarters in Grand Prairie, Texas, will be equipped with latest generation simulators, aimed at accompanying operators’ trainees in the country.
Thales, the simulator manufacturer, has already completed production of a new H145 Level D full flight simulator (FFS) which will be installed in this new centre.
Following factory acceptance testing, the H145 FFS is now being shipped to Texas.
The Helisim Training & Simulation Center is expected to be completed in March 2020. Installation of the H145 simulator and Federal Aviation Administration certification are expected in Q2 2020.
The H145 FFS in the United States will be the only one in the world equipped with Airbus Helicopters’ OEM Sim Data Pack, providing operators with the most true-to-life experience.
With this new centre, Helisim consolidates its presence in the United States and demonstrates its intention to offer Airbus Helicopters’ customers the highest quality training courses and cutting-edge solutions at their doorstep.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020