Kopter continues to expand the performance and flight envelope of the SH09 Prototype 3 (P3), while simultaneously increasing flight test activities in the flight test center located at Pozzallo, Sicily. P3 has now completed a full year of flight tests covering a wide range of adaptations and improvements all focused on delivering performance and enhancing safety.
The result of this progressive flight test campaign with P3 has allowed Kopter to freeze the design of the SH09, which will flow into the Pre-Series 4 (PS4) aircraft scheduled for assembly by mid-2020. The final lines and features of the SH09 will be revealed at Heli-Expo through a series of 3D animations.
Kopter’s Heli-Expo display will consist of a full-scale mock-up of the helicopter in its seven-seat “transport” configuration featuring a modular layout, which has been designed and manufactured in cooperation with Metro Aviation, based in Shreveport, Louisiana. Metro Aviation and Kopter have collaborated on various interior designs over the past two years.
As the final helicopter configuration approaches, contracts are being signed with several operators to acquire the newest single engine helicopter. Operators particularly appreciate the SH09 twin engine cabin class design with single engine costs of acquisition and operation. The large cabin allows multiple interior layouts that provide ample room and flexibility. Easy access to the aircraft is granted via the side sliding and rear clamshell doors. The five-blade main rotor and shrouded tail rotor give the helicopter low vibration and noise levels, creating a highly comfortable passenger experience.
At Heli-Expo, Kopter will update the industry on the progress made with VRM Switzerland to offer efficient and cost-effective training solutions to its customers worldwide. Pilots will be welcomed to experience flying the SH09 in a high-resolution virtual reality system, using the highly-dynamic six degree-of-freedom (6 DOF) motion platform.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020