Kopter continues to expand the performance and flight envelope of the SH09 Prototype 3 (P3), while simultaneously increasing flight test activities in the flight test center located at Pozzallo, Sicily. P3 has now completed a full year of flight tests covering a wide range of adaptations and improvements all focused on delivering performance and enhancing safety.
The result of this progressive flight test campaign with P3 has allowed Kopter to freeze the design of the SH09, which will flow into the Pre-Series 4 (PS4) aircraft scheduled for assembly by mid-2020. The final lines and features of the SH09 will be revealed at Heli-Expo through a series of 3D animations.
Kopter’s Heli-Expo display will consist of a full-scale mock-up of the helicopter in its seven-seat “transport” configuration featuring a modular layout, which has been designed and manufactured in cooperation with Metro Aviation, based in Shreveport, Louisiana. Metro Aviation and Kopter have collaborated on various interior designs over the past two years.
As the final helicopter configuration approaches, contracts are being signed with several operators to acquire the newest single engine helicopter. Operators particularly appreciate the SH09 twin engine cabin class design with single engine costs of acquisition and operation. The large cabin allows multiple interior layouts that provide ample room and flexibility. Easy access to the aircraft is granted via the side sliding and rear clamshell doors. The five-blade main rotor and shrouded tail rotor give the helicopter low vibration and noise levels, creating a highly comfortable passenger experience.
At Heli-Expo, Kopter will update the industry on the progress made with VRM Switzerland to offer efficient and cost-effective training solutions to its customers worldwide. Pilots will be welcomed to experience flying the SH09 in a high-resolution virtual reality system, using the highly-dynamic six degree-of-freedom (6 DOF) motion platform.
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified