Kopter continues to expand the performance and flight envelope of the SH09 Prototype 3 (P3), while simultaneously increasing flight test activities in the flight test center located at Pozzallo, Sicily. P3 has now completed a full year of flight tests covering a wide range of adaptations and improvements all focused on delivering performance and enhancing safety.
The result of this progressive flight test campaign with P3 has allowed Kopter to freeze the design of the SH09, which will flow into the Pre-Series 4 (PS4) aircraft scheduled for assembly by mid-2020. The final lines and features of the SH09 will be revealed at Heli-Expo through a series of 3D animations.
Kopter’s Heli-Expo display will consist of a full-scale mock-up of the helicopter in its seven-seat “transport” configuration featuring a modular layout, which has been designed and manufactured in cooperation with Metro Aviation, based in Shreveport, Louisiana. Metro Aviation and Kopter have collaborated on various interior designs over the past two years.
As the final helicopter configuration approaches, contracts are being signed with several operators to acquire the newest single engine helicopter. Operators particularly appreciate the SH09 twin engine cabin class design with single engine costs of acquisition and operation. The large cabin allows multiple interior layouts that provide ample room and flexibility. Easy access to the aircraft is granted via the side sliding and rear clamshell doors. The five-blade main rotor and shrouded tail rotor give the helicopter low vibration and noise levels, creating a highly comfortable passenger experience.
At Heli-Expo, Kopter will update the industry on the progress made with VRM Switzerland to offer efficient and cost-effective training solutions to its customers worldwide. Pilots will be welcomed to experience flying the SH09 in a high-resolution virtual reality system, using the highly-dynamic six degree-of-freedom (6 DOF) motion platform.
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification