Kopter continues to expand the performance and flight envelope of the SH09 Prototype 3 (P3), while simultaneously increasing flight test activities in the flight test center located at Pozzallo, Sicily. P3 has now completed a full year of flight tests covering a wide range of adaptations and improvements all focused on delivering performance and enhancing safety.
The result of this progressive flight test campaign with P3 has allowed Kopter to freeze the design of the SH09, which will flow into the Pre-Series 4 (PS4) aircraft scheduled for assembly by mid-2020. The final lines and features of the SH09 will be revealed at Heli-Expo through a series of 3D animations.
Kopter’s Heli-Expo display will consist of a full-scale mock-up of the helicopter in its seven-seat “transport” configuration featuring a modular layout, which has been designed and manufactured in cooperation with Metro Aviation, based in Shreveport, Louisiana. Metro Aviation and Kopter have collaborated on various interior designs over the past two years.
As the final helicopter configuration approaches, contracts are being signed with several operators to acquire the newest single engine helicopter. Operators particularly appreciate the SH09 twin engine cabin class design with single engine costs of acquisition and operation. The large cabin allows multiple interior layouts that provide ample room and flexibility. Easy access to the aircraft is granted via the side sliding and rear clamshell doors. The five-blade main rotor and shrouded tail rotor give the helicopter low vibration and noise levels, creating a highly comfortable passenger experience.
At Heli-Expo, Kopter will update the industry on the progress made with VRM Switzerland to offer efficient and cost-effective training solutions to its customers worldwide. Pilots will be welcomed to experience flying the SH09 in a high-resolution virtual reality system, using the highly-dynamic six degree-of-freedom (6 DOF) motion platform.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation