Horizon, the Middle East’s largest independent helicopter flight training academy supporting commercial and military operators, has signed a purchase agreement with Entrol for a Bell 505 FTD level 2 simulator, valued at AED5.5 million.
The signing took place on the sidelines of the Dubai Airshow 2019.
Meeting the latest training technology needs, the simulator is based on the Bell 505 helicopter and is equipped with the latest avionics glass cockpit. It features a 200º x 70º spherical visual high-resolution database with mission scenarios and a vibration system to increase the realism of training.
Hareb Thani Al Dhaheri, CEO of Horizon, said: “Flight simulators are essential for pilot training, and we are confident that our new FTD simulator will significantly enhance the efficiency of our training, as it simulates realistic learning environments on a single-engine aircraft.”
The simulator will be used in Horizon’s Basic Flight Training (BFT), Instrument Rating (IR) and Commercial Pilot License (CPL)courses as well as mission training in a multi-role capacity.
During the general handling phase, instructors will be able to demonstrate every task from pre-start and start to flight maneuvering and shut-down.
In addition, it will enable pilot training on handling emergencies and the corresponding procedures for a safe recovery of the aircraft. During the instrument phase, it will create a comprehensive instrument meteorological conditions (IMC) learning environment.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020