Horizon, the Middle East’s largest independent helicopter flight training academy supporting commercial and military operators, has signed a purchase agreement with Entrol for a Bell 505 FTD level 2 simulator, valued at AED5.5 million.
The signing took place on the sidelines of the Dubai Airshow 2019.
Meeting the latest training technology needs, the simulator is based on the Bell 505 helicopter and is equipped with the latest avionics glass cockpit. It features a 200º x 70º spherical visual high-resolution database with mission scenarios and a vibration system to increase the realism of training.
Hareb Thani Al Dhaheri, CEO of Horizon, said: “Flight simulators are essential for pilot training, and we are confident that our new FTD simulator will significantly enhance the efficiency of our training, as it simulates realistic learning environments on a single-engine aircraft.”
The simulator will be used in Horizon’s Basic Flight Training (BFT), Instrument Rating (IR) and Commercial Pilot License (CPL)courses as well as mission training in a multi-role capacity.
During the general handling phase, instructors will be able to demonstrate every task from pre-start and start to flight maneuvering and shut-down.
In addition, it will enable pilot training on handling emergencies and the corresponding procedures for a safe recovery of the aircraft. During the instrument phase, it will create a comprehensive instrument meteorological conditions (IMC) learning environment.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation