RST was contracted by NAHEMA for the development and production of a MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig (MTR) for the Rotary Aircraft Maintenance School (RAMS) in Australia.
NAHEMA in Aix-en-Provence, France is the responsible management agency for the NH90 program representing and acting as such on behalf of currently 11 nations from all over the world.
The MTR is an exact, non-flying replica of the most advanced NH90 tactical troop transport helicopter of the 21st Century and will be used by maintenance and onboard technical personnel for training on both mechanical systems and components of the popular rotorcraft. More than 800 maintenance tasks are to be replicated (e.g. handling, removal, repair and installation of serviceable parts). Due to highest standards in data gathering (3D scanning) and design, the high fidelity of the MTR also allows installing additional role change equipment.
By using this Maintenance Training approach crews get more access to hands on training without having to tie up a real helicopter what ensures highest training quality while reducing the acquisition and life-cycle cost significantly.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020