HeliOffshore published the inaugural Helicopter Safety Performance Report – the result of the collaborative efforts of operators, manufacturers and regulators, through HeliOffshore’s Safety Intelligence Programme.
Gretchen Haskins, CEO HeliOffshore, said: “This Helicopter Safety Performance Report reveals how far we have come as a mature, collaborative industry – but also what we need to do to close the gap with fixed-wing aircraft and eliminate fatalities in our industry.
“Over 100 HeliOffshore members are committed to work together to drive safety performance. This intelligence focuses our efforts to deliver the best safety return. We can use this global benchmark to support collaboration, inform practice and check whether our safety initiatives work.
“We will continue to improve the depth and quality of industry data so our safety strategy delivers targeted safety breakthroughs as quickly as possible.”
Work will begin on the second Helicopter Safety Performance Report in the New Year for publication in June 2020.
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- Leonardo extends training capabilities to rotorcraft UAS
- CBE+ has been selected by OEM Leonardo
- COVID-19 – AOPA backs emergency airport funding to fight coronavirus impact
- Queensland Police Bo105 passes 10,000 hours
- RACQ LifeFlight open new aeromedical base at Bundaberg
- COVID-19 – Italian Air Force HH-101A used for bioncontainment transport
- Optima Aero becomes a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organisation