THOMMEN AIRCRAFT EQUIPMENT LTD. is pleased to announce first deliveries of its digital Multi-Function Display (MFD) replacement solution for legacy CRT displays installed on AW129 helicopters.
Thanks to a proven track record in critical flight instruments and to inhouse LCD design, cutting and laminating capabilities, THOMMEN was awarded the task of developing and supplying a retrofit solution for older mission displays installed on the helicopter, which are no longer supported on the market. This custom-made self-contained, NVG-compatible display unit will allow operators to extend the lifetime of their fleet, while also benefitting from the latest technology in digital flight displays. The system converts analog information and processes color and composite video signals to provide accurate navigation and mission data to the crew. Thanks to its rugged design, optimized for special mission applications, the product will sustain the harshest operational requirements.
THOMMEN’S display retrofit portfolio responds to the growing need of fixed and rotary wing operators looking for cost-efficient and reliable replacements for their aging CRT or first-generation LCD displays, for which there is often no spare-part, repair or overhaul solution anymore.
The AW129 MFD is designed and manufactured in Muttenz, Switzerland, which once again confirms THOMMEN’s resolute ambition to be THE specialist in tailored display products, made in Switzerland.
- Second charity helicopter air ambulance launched in Scotland
- COVID-19 – Airbus recommendations for cleaning and disinfection of their helicopters
- STARS announce winners of 2020 Alberta Lottery
- Boeing Delivers First CH-47F Chinook to Royal Netherlands Air Force
- COVID-19 – CHC adapt AW139s with all approvals completed inside two weeks
- HeliRussia postponed to the autumn
- RAF Helicopters Support Scottish Ambulance Service Trials
- TH-119 Certification Team Wins Harry T. Jensen Award
- Japan Coast Guard orders two more H225
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements
- COVID-19 – Australian Rotortech event postponed to October
- USHST Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems dual hook for Bell 206L and 407
- Utah Rotor Pathway Program Receives $1.1 Million Grant
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales