THOMMEN AIRCRAFT EQUIPMENT LTD. is pleased to announce first deliveries of its digital Multi-Function Display (MFD) replacement solution for legacy CRT displays installed on AW129 helicopters.
Thanks to a proven track record in critical flight instruments and to inhouse LCD design, cutting and laminating capabilities, THOMMEN was awarded the task of developing and supplying a retrofit solution for older mission displays installed on the helicopter, which are no longer supported on the market. This custom-made self-contained, NVG-compatible display unit will allow operators to extend the lifetime of their fleet, while also benefitting from the latest technology in digital flight displays. The system converts analog information and processes color and composite video signals to provide accurate navigation and mission data to the crew. Thanks to its rugged design, optimized for special mission applications, the product will sustain the harshest operational requirements.
THOMMEN’S display retrofit portfolio responds to the growing need of fixed and rotary wing operators looking for cost-efficient and reliable replacements for their aging CRT or first-generation LCD displays, for which there is often no spare-part, repair or overhaul solution anymore.
The AW129 MFD is designed and manufactured in Muttenz, Switzerland, which once again confirms THOMMEN’s resolute ambition to be THE specialist in tailored display products, made in Switzerland.
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)