Lufthansa Aviation Training (LAT) and the academy of the HEMS operator DRF Luftrettung will present their new offer in the field of pilot training and further training at the HAI Heli-Expo from January 28 to 30, 2020 in Anaheim, California: From August 2020, it will be available A state-of-the-art Full Flight Simulator Level D is ready in the Lufthansa Aviation Training training center in Frankfurt. It is configurable for the Airbus helicopter types H135 and H145 and certified by EASA.
It combines the latest flight simulator technology with the expertise of two strong partners: the competence of LAT as a leading provider of aviation training in the areas of simulator training (fixed wing) and human factors, combined with the long-standing expertise of DRF Luftrettung in the HEMS operation and with special ones Deployment profiles (e.g. night flight, winch rescue over sea and in the mountains) for over 40,000 operations a year.
The joint trade fair presence of LAT and DRF Luftrettung is intended to give visitors detailed insights into the advantages of the new Full Flight Simulator (FFS) Level D: the cockpit can be switched to the Airbus helicopter types H135 and H145. At a third crew member station, human helicopter hoist missions can be trained using virtual reality technology, involving the entire crew. Flight procedures at night can also be simulated with night vision equipment, both with “White” and “Green” phosphor NVG. The pilot trainings can be presented under various meteorological conditions and a variety of realistic country scenarios with moving objects in the landing area and various locations, such as airports or hospitals.
Strong through synergies
Lufthansa Aviation Training is one of the leading providers of aviation training for cockpit and cabin personnel in Europe. In addition to the expertise in simulator training and in the technical maintenance of the training equipment, LAT offers its customers a comprehensive infrastructure at their training and training locations.
“With the investment in our first own helicopter simulator in our over 55 full flight simulator training fleet, we are opening up new markets and looking forward to working with DRF Luftrettung in this area. In addition, our largest training center in Frankfurt is ideal for customers from all over the world. Here, crews can complete their training all year round around the clock, ”emphasizes Ola Hansson, Managing Director at Lufthansa Aviation Training.
Under the umbrella of the Academy, the DRF Luftrettung bundles its experience and diverse skills in training and further education in the fields of medicine, flight operations and technology. This also includes their “Approved Training Organization”. Customers benefit from the expertise of the highly qualified type rating instructors of DRF Luftrettung, who can also be used for training in “wet leases” if desired. They have extensive experience in winch operation and winch training, in night flight with Night Vision Goggles and in human factors training.
“Based on our more than 40 years of experience in the field of HEMS operations and our expertise in pilot training and further training as well as the diverse competencies of LAT, we were able to jointly develop a comprehensive range of training courses on the new Airbus H135 / H145 full flight simulator. We are proud to be able to present this offer to an international specialist audience at the Heli-Expo, ”explains Dr. Peter Huber, board member of DRF Luftrettung.
At the HAI Heli-Expo from January 28th to 30th 2020 in Anaheim, California, USA, Lufthansa Aviation Training and DRF Luftrettung will be represented together at booth 1641 in hall A.
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO