The 55th Rescue Squadron hosted an H-60 Subject Matter Expert Exchange between members of the U.S. Air Force and the Chilean Air Force Aug 5-9, 2019.
This is the second H-60 SMEE between the two Air Forces this year. Earlier this year, four U.S. Airmen traveled to Santiago, Chile to share information on the Chilean MH-60M Black Hawk helicopters continuous maintenance and operations.
The MH-60M Black Hawk is a recent addition to the Chilean Air Force, who have been operating the helicopter since September 2018.
“It’s nice to speak with people that have a lot of experience working with the [H-60] helicopter in a battlefield,” said Chilean Air Force Maj. Javier Del Rio. “At times we encounter issues while flying that are difficult to solve, so it’s beneficial for us to learn from someone who has experienced that type of flight issue already and can share how they resolved it.”
During this SMEE, two Chilean MH-60 pilots flew aboard an HH-60G Pave Hawk for an orientation flight, toured the 55th RQS and maintenance facilities. They also spoke with U.S. Air Force HH-60G Pave Hawk pilots, maintenance and support technicians on a variety of subjects to include: Night Vison Goggles, training, air-to-air refueling and safety standards.
“The more we work with our partners now, the better it’s going to pay off if we ever become operational with them,” said U.S. Air Force Capt. Andrew Risse 55th RQS director of staff, HH-60G pilot. “This exchange gave me confidence in their ability to operate with us in the future, if we were to ever do a joint or combine operation together.”
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO