Airborne Technologies proudly announces that they have handed over the next leading-edge surveillance platform to one of Europe´s police forces.The upgrade of an AW109 of the Bulgarian Border Guard has been a FRONTEX funded project. Airborne Technologies has equipped the helicopter with a FLIR Star Safire 380 HD EO/IR camera, an ECS Line of Sight Downlink and a payload friendly carbon fibre tactical workstation.
Airborne Technologies’ Mission System Airborne LINX completes the integration and guarantees a smooth and easy-to-handle interplay of the sensors on board the helicopter.
Since the release of Airborne LINX, more and more European Police Forces have integrated this capability into their fleets and have joined the club of the best equipped police forces in Europe.
Wolfgang Grumeth, CEO of Airborne Technologies, said: “We are proud that Airborne LINX is on duty with Europe´s Police Forces. With the Bulgarian Border Guard, yet another European authority trusts our experience and our innovative solutions. In the meantime, more and more aircraft – rotary and fixed wing – with our surveillance technology on board are on duty for numerous police and military forces all over Europe.”
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics
- Honeywell Paves The Way To Bring Autonomous Landing Capabilities To Urban Air Mobility
- Safran to support German and Norwegian NH90 engines
- GA Telesis launches helicopter leasing company with seven Bell 206L4s
- Operational pause of CH-148 Cyclone fleet lifted