Airborne Technologies proudly announces that they have handed over the next leading-edge surveillance platform to one of Europe´s police forces.The upgrade of an AW109 of the Bulgarian Border Guard has been a FRONTEX funded project. Airborne Technologies has equipped the helicopter with a FLIR Star Safire 380 HD EO/IR camera, an ECS Line of Sight Downlink and a payload friendly carbon fibre tactical workstation.
Airborne Technologies’ Mission System Airborne LINX completes the integration and guarantees a smooth and easy-to-handle interplay of the sensors on board the helicopter.
Since the release of Airborne LINX, more and more European Police Forces have integrated this capability into their fleets and have joined the club of the best equipped police forces in Europe.
Wolfgang Grumeth, CEO of Airborne Technologies, said: “We are proud that Airborne LINX is on duty with Europe´s Police Forces. With the Bulgarian Border Guard, yet another European authority trusts our experience and our innovative solutions. In the meantime, more and more aircraft – rotary and fixed wing – with our surveillance technology on board are on duty for numerous police and military forces all over Europe.”
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- 15-Jan-21 PH-TTR Airbus H135 Almere, Netherlands
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident