Colorado National Guard Soldiers from Company A, Company D and Headquarters-Headquarters Company, 2nd General Support Aviation Battalion 135th Aviation Regiment will be honored at a departure ceremony on Buckley Air Force Base Jan. 2, 2020, at 3 p.m.
Family, friends and dignitaries will gather at the at the Chief Warrant Officer 5 David R. Carter Army Aviation Support Facility on Buckley AFB, in Aurora, Colorado, to bid a farewell to approximately 130 Soldiers as they depart for a yearlong deployment to Southwest Asia.
“These warriors are trained and ready to provide support to troops on the ground and will excel at any mission that comes their way,” the Adjutant General of Colorado U.S. Air Force Maj. Gen. Mike Loh said. “The commitment of these Soldiers, as well as their families and employers, should make all Coloradans proud.”
Based out of Buckley AFB, in Aurora, the 2-135th GSAB will conduct air movement, air assault, casualty evacuation, combat support and combat service support for aviation operations throughout the designated area of responsibility to employ and sustain combat power.
The units also support civil authorities annually during wildfire response efforts and save an average to 20 lives annually through mountain search and rescue missions.
One year ago, to the day, Company B, Detachment 1 of the 2-135th GSAB, the CONG’s heavy lift aviation unit operating the CH-47 Chinook helicopters, deployed to Afghanistan in support of Operation Freedom’s Sentinel.
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International