Leonardo announced that Rotortec, a premium passenger service provider in Chile, has recently taken delivery of one AW119Kx. The best-in-class helicopter will be used for tourism and sightseeing flights over Santiago, the region’s striking Andes Mountains, volcanoes, and world-class ski resorts among other routes that provide unbeatable views of rugged natural beauty and urban splendor.
Rotortec’s AW119Kx is outfitted with a special high altitude kit that allows it to climb safely to 24,000 feet—perfect for careening amongst the Andes Mountain peaks. The company also operates one AW119Ke.
The AW119Kx single engine helicopter has the highest power margins in its class and offers many redundancies most frequently found in twin engine models including dual electrical and hydraulics systems. Featuring a strong and reliable Pratt & Whitney PT-6 engine, the AW119Kx offers excellent flying qualities including a Garmin G1000H™ glass cockpit design that enhances situational awareness and reduces pilot workload. The spacious cabin seats up to six passengers and a large separate baggage compartment suits passengers who prefer not to travel light.
The AW119 is in service in over 40 countries and has been selected by many private operators and also high profile military, government and parapublic customers, including the Portuguese Air Force, New York City Department of Environmental Protection Police and many others across Europe, Asia and Latin America. All variants of the AW119 are manufactured in Philadelphia, USA.
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO