Leonardo announced that Rotortec, a premium passenger service provider in Chile, has recently taken delivery of one AW119Kx. The best-in-class helicopter will be used for tourism and sightseeing flights over Santiago, the region’s striking Andes Mountains, volcanoes, and world-class ski resorts among other routes that provide unbeatable views of rugged natural beauty and urban splendor.
Rotortec’s AW119Kx is outfitted with a special high altitude kit that allows it to climb safely to 24,000 feet—perfect for careening amongst the Andes Mountain peaks. The company also operates one AW119Ke.
The AW119Kx single engine helicopter has the highest power margins in its class and offers many redundancies most frequently found in twin engine models including dual electrical and hydraulics systems. Featuring a strong and reliable Pratt & Whitney PT-6 engine, the AW119Kx offers excellent flying qualities including a Garmin G1000H™ glass cockpit design that enhances situational awareness and reduces pilot workload. The spacious cabin seats up to six passengers and a large separate baggage compartment suits passengers who prefer not to travel light.
The AW119 is in service in over 40 countries and has been selected by many private operators and also high profile military, government and parapublic customers, including the Portuguese Air Force, New York City Department of Environmental Protection Police and many others across Europe, Asia and Latin America. All variants of the AW119 are manufactured in Philadelphia, USA.
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International