Leonardo announced that Rotortec, a premium passenger service provider in Chile, has recently taken delivery of one AW119Kx. The best-in-class helicopter will be used for tourism and sightseeing flights over Santiago, the region’s striking Andes Mountains, volcanoes, and world-class ski resorts among other routes that provide unbeatable views of rugged natural beauty and urban splendor.
Rotortec’s AW119Kx is outfitted with a special high altitude kit that allows it to climb safely to 24,000 feet—perfect for careening amongst the Andes Mountain peaks. The company also operates one AW119Ke.
The AW119Kx single engine helicopter has the highest power margins in its class and offers many redundancies most frequently found in twin engine models including dual electrical and hydraulics systems. Featuring a strong and reliable Pratt & Whitney PT-6 engine, the AW119Kx offers excellent flying qualities including a Garmin G1000H™ glass cockpit design that enhances situational awareness and reduces pilot workload. The spacious cabin seats up to six passengers and a large separate baggage compartment suits passengers who prefer not to travel light.
The AW119 is in service in over 40 countries and has been selected by many private operators and also high profile military, government and parapublic customers, including the Portuguese Air Force, New York City Department of Environmental Protection Police and many others across Europe, Asia and Latin America. All variants of the AW119 are manufactured in Philadelphia, USA.
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)