The Association of Air Ambulances (AAA) trade membership body and national charity, Air Ambulances UK, are proud to announce a successful merger, taking effect from 1st January 2020.
The new single nationwide organisation will support the UK’s air ambulance sector and will provide a national voice and platform on behalf of the air ambulance community. The organisation will retain the charitable status and name of Air Ambulances UK.
The merger follows a joint review of governance and effectiveness with extensive stakeholder consultation across the two organisations looking at key areas of work, including: Government policy and lobbying, operational and clinical development, national fundraising partnerships, engagement and commercial investment.
Supporting, representing and advocating the work of the UK’s 21 air ambulance charities and the wider air ambulance community, over the coming months the organisation will appoint a new Chair and CEO to drive forward its plans for with innovation, energy and momentum.
Liz Campbell, Air Ambulances UK Interim Chair, said: “This is an exciting time for the UK’s air ambulance sector, as we look forward to a new era delivering greater benefits and impact with the overall mission of saving more lives together in 2020 and beyond.”
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO