The Association of Air Ambulances (AAA) trade membership body and national charity, Air Ambulances UK, are proud to announce a successful merger, taking effect from 1st January 2020.
The new single nationwide organisation will support the UK’s air ambulance sector and will provide a national voice and platform on behalf of the air ambulance community. The organisation will retain the charitable status and name of Air Ambulances UK.
The merger follows a joint review of governance and effectiveness with extensive stakeholder consultation across the two organisations looking at key areas of work, including: Government policy and lobbying, operational and clinical development, national fundraising partnerships, engagement and commercial investment.
Supporting, representing and advocating the work of the UK’s 21 air ambulance charities and the wider air ambulance community, over the coming months the organisation will appoint a new Chair and CEO to drive forward its plans for with innovation, energy and momentum.
Liz Campbell, Air Ambulances UK Interim Chair, said: “This is an exciting time for the UK’s air ambulance sector, as we look forward to a new era delivering greater benefits and impact with the overall mission of saving more lives together in 2020 and beyond.”
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics