The Association of Air Ambulances (AAA) trade membership body and national charity, Air Ambulances UK, are proud to announce a successful merger, taking effect from 1st January 2020.
The new single nationwide organisation will support the UK’s air ambulance sector and will provide a national voice and platform on behalf of the air ambulance community. The organisation will retain the charitable status and name of Air Ambulances UK.
The merger follows a joint review of governance and effectiveness with extensive stakeholder consultation across the two organisations looking at key areas of work, including: Government policy and lobbying, operational and clinical development, national fundraising partnerships, engagement and commercial investment.
Supporting, representing and advocating the work of the UK’s 21 air ambulance charities and the wider air ambulance community, over the coming months the organisation will appoint a new Chair and CEO to drive forward its plans for with innovation, energy and momentum.
Liz Campbell, Air Ambulances UK Interim Chair, said: “This is an exciting time for the UK’s air ambulance sector, as we look forward to a new era delivering greater benefits and impact with the overall mission of saving more lives together in 2020 and beyond.”
- Survitec launches new Emergency Breathing System for helicopter ops
- Man charged after UK police helicopter struck by laser
- EASA Rotorcraft Symposium – technical publications now available
- US Army studies eVTOL acoustics in the quest for silent helicopters
- Bell Wins Popular Science “Best of What’s New in Aerospace” Award
- MD Helicopters Secures $34 Million Army Contract
- New helipad opens at Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- Melfort hospital helipad complete
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work