Russian Helicopters Holding (part of the Rostec state corporation) handed over to the Russian Ministry of Defense the Mi-38T helicopter, manufactured by order of the military department of the Kazan Helicopter Plant. This is the second car of this series, delivered by the Ministry of Defense as part of the State Defense Order.
In 2019, the Russian Ministry of Defense received the first serial Mi-38T helicopters. During acceptance tests and acceptance, quality control of the manufacture of helicopters and testing of its components in the aggregate-mechanical and assembly production was carried out, inspection of fully assembled helicopters in the final assembly workshop was carried out with a check of the operability of all systems. All types of tests were carried out, provided for by the conditions of the state contract.
Mi-38T was created on the basis of a certified civilian Mi-38 helicopter with retrofitting for solving transport and landing tasks: up to 40 paratroopers can be accommodated in the cabin. The helicopter provides for the possibility of conversion into a sanitary version and the installation of additional fuel tanks to increase the flight range. The machine can reach a maximum speed of up to 300 km / h.
On November 23, 2018, the prototype Mi-38T helicopter made its first flight. In May 2019, a production car was already shown to the President of Russia Vladimir Putin during his visit to Kazan. In June, the Mi-38T first appeared at the Army-2019 forum, and as part of the MAKS-2019 air show, it made its debut in the flight program of the exhibition by completing a span as part of the Russian Helicopters holding line.
Mi-38 is equipped with new highly efficient TV7-117V domestic-made engines, an integrated digital flight-navigation system
with data display on five LCD displays. The installed integrated complex of on-board equipment IBKO-38, providing the crew with all the necessary information, reduces the load on the crew during tasks and ensures a high level of safety when flying. Depending on the customer’s requirements, it is possible to arrange removable seats, sanitary equipment and roller tables in the helicopter cabin to facilitate rolling and transporting goods.
Areas of application for Mi-38 helicopters – transportation of goods, military equipment, landing, search and rescue operations. All this – in a wide range of climatic conditions, including marine, tropical and cold climates. On the basis of the Mi-38T transport version, it is planned to produce specialized helicopters, including the “Arctic” version.
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- 08-Aug-20 N….. Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service