Russian Helicopters Holding (part of the Rostec state corporation) handed over to the Russian Ministry of Defense the Mi-38T helicopter, manufactured by order of the military department of the Kazan Helicopter Plant. This is the second car of this series, delivered by the Ministry of Defense as part of the State Defense Order.
In 2019, the Russian Ministry of Defense received the first serial Mi-38T helicopters. During acceptance tests and acceptance, quality control of the manufacture of helicopters and testing of its components in the aggregate-mechanical and assembly production was carried out, inspection of fully assembled helicopters in the final assembly workshop was carried out with a check of the operability of all systems. All types of tests were carried out, provided for by the conditions of the state contract.
Mi-38T was created on the basis of a certified civilian Mi-38 helicopter with retrofitting for solving transport and landing tasks: up to 40 paratroopers can be accommodated in the cabin. The helicopter provides for the possibility of conversion into a sanitary version and the installation of additional fuel tanks to increase the flight range. The machine can reach a maximum speed of up to 300 km / h.
On November 23, 2018, the prototype Mi-38T helicopter made its first flight. In May 2019, a production car was already shown to the President of Russia Vladimir Putin during his visit to Kazan. In June, the Mi-38T first appeared at the Army-2019 forum, and as part of the MAKS-2019 air show, it made its debut in the flight program of the exhibition by completing a span as part of the Russian Helicopters holding line.
Mi-38 is equipped with new highly efficient TV7-117V domestic-made engines, an integrated digital flight-navigation system
with data display on five LCD displays. The installed integrated complex of on-board equipment IBKO-38, providing the crew with all the necessary information, reduces the load on the crew during tasks and ensures a high level of safety when flying. Depending on the customer’s requirements, it is possible to arrange removable seats, sanitary equipment and roller tables in the helicopter cabin to facilitate rolling and transporting goods.
Areas of application for Mi-38 helicopters – transportation of goods, military equipment, landing, search and rescue operations. All this – in a wide range of climatic conditions, including marine, tropical and cold climates. On the basis of the Mi-38T transport version, it is planned to produce specialized helicopters, including the “Arctic” version.
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- EHA launches European exhibition to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- US Navy selects Leonardo AW119 for trainer – first order for 32 placed
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order