Pat Sheedy, a veteran aviation finance professional, has been named CEO of Milestone Aviation Group (“Milestone”), a GECAS company and the global leader in helicopter leasing.
Greg Conlon — recently promoted from Milestone to become GECAS’ President and CEO — has appointed Pat Sheedy to take the lead role at Milestone.
“Pat will join the GECAS Leadership Team and will continue to be based in Shannon, working closely with the Milestone team across the globe,” Conlon noted, adding “I know the entire Milestone team will continue to thrive under Pat’s leadership.”
“I’m am truly grateful to be afforded this opportunity and look forward to leading such a strong team,” shared Sheedy. “I want to thank Greg for his leadership at Milestone and am grateful to be able to rely on his ongoing support.”
With 19 years of international financial services experience under his belt, Pat has spent the majority of his GE career working in Aviation Risk Management with a particular focus on Emerging Markets. He currently leads the underwriting and portfolio management function at Milestone as well as overall risk responsibility for GE Engine Leasing and GECAS’ cargo business.
Prior to his most recent role, Pat held the position of Senior Vice President and Regional Risk Manager for GECAS in Dubai, covering the Middle East, Africa and Russia. He trained as a chartered accountant with Deloitte in Ireland and London, where he spent four years in a number of roles including Audit and Assurance, Corporate Finance and Corporate Recovery.
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- EHA launches European exhibition to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- US Navy selects Leonardo AW119 for trainer – first order for 32 placed
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order