Pat Sheedy, a veteran aviation finance professional, has been named CEO of Milestone Aviation Group (“Milestone”), a GECAS company and the global leader in helicopter leasing.
Greg Conlon — recently promoted from Milestone to become GECAS’ President and CEO — has appointed Pat Sheedy to take the lead role at Milestone.
“Pat will join the GECAS Leadership Team and will continue to be based in Shannon, working closely with the Milestone team across the globe,” Conlon noted, adding “I know the entire Milestone team will continue to thrive under Pat’s leadership.”
“I’m am truly grateful to be afforded this opportunity and look forward to leading such a strong team,” shared Sheedy. “I want to thank Greg for his leadership at Milestone and am grateful to be able to rely on his ongoing support.”
With 19 years of international financial services experience under his belt, Pat has spent the majority of his GE career working in Aviation Risk Management with a particular focus on Emerging Markets. He currently leads the underwriting and portfolio management function at Milestone as well as overall risk responsibility for GE Engine Leasing and GECAS’ cargo business.
Prior to his most recent role, Pat held the position of Senior Vice President and Regional Risk Manager for GECAS in Dubai, covering the Middle East, Africa and Russia. He trained as a chartered accountant with Deloitte in Ireland and London, where he spent four years in a number of roles including Audit and Assurance, Corporate Finance and Corporate Recovery.
- Second charity helicopter air ambulance launched in Scotland
- COVID-19 – Airbus recommendations for cleaning and disinfection of their helicopters
- STARS announce winners of 2020 Alberta Lottery
- Boeing Delivers First CH-47F Chinook to Royal Netherlands Air Force
- COVID-19 – CHC adapt AW139s with all approvals completed inside two weeks
- HeliRussia postponed to the autumn
- RAF Helicopters Support Scottish Ambulance Service Trials
- TH-119 Certification Team Wins Harry T. Jensen Award
- Japan Coast Guard orders two more H225
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements
- COVID-19 – Australian Rotortech event postponed to October
- USHST Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems dual hook for Bell 206L and 407
- Utah Rotor Pathway Program Receives $1.1 Million Grant
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales