Pat Sheedy, a veteran aviation finance professional, has been named CEO of Milestone Aviation Group (“Milestone”), a GECAS company and the global leader in helicopter leasing.
Greg Conlon — recently promoted from Milestone to become GECAS’ President and CEO — has appointed Pat Sheedy to take the lead role at Milestone.
“Pat will join the GECAS Leadership Team and will continue to be based in Shannon, working closely with the Milestone team across the globe,” Conlon noted, adding “I know the entire Milestone team will continue to thrive under Pat’s leadership.”
“I’m am truly grateful to be afforded this opportunity and look forward to leading such a strong team,” shared Sheedy. “I want to thank Greg for his leadership at Milestone and am grateful to be able to rely on his ongoing support.”
With 19 years of international financial services experience under his belt, Pat has spent the majority of his GE career working in Aviation Risk Management with a particular focus on Emerging Markets. He currently leads the underwriting and portfolio management function at Milestone as well as overall risk responsibility for GE Engine Leasing and GECAS’ cargo business.
Prior to his most recent role, Pat held the position of Senior Vice President and Regional Risk Manager for GECAS in Dubai, covering the Middle East, Africa and Russia. He trained as a chartered accountant with Deloitte in Ireland and London, where he spent four years in a number of roles including Audit and Assurance, Corporate Finance and Corporate Recovery.
- CH-53K King Stallion completes first sea trials
- Volocopter Launches Campaign to Bring Electric Air Taxi Services to U.S. Cities
- STARS Lottery fundraiser remains as critical as ever
- SPAES creates Bo105 digital cockpit based on Garmin 500H
- The Cabri G2 received its validation from Russia
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- 15-Jan-21 PH-TTR Airbus H135 Almere, Netherlands