THOMMEN AIRCRAFT EQUIPMENT LTD. is pleased to announce first deliveries of its digital Multi-Function Display (MFD) replacement solution for legacy CRT displays installed on AW129 helicopters.
Thanks to a proven track record in critical flight instruments and to inhouse LCD design, cutting and laminating capabilities, THOMMEN was awarded the task of developing and supplying a retrofit solution for older mission displays installed on the helicopter, which are no longer supported on the market. This custom-made self-contained, NVG-compatible display unit will allow operators to extend the lifetime of their fleet, while also benefitting from the latest technology in digital flight displays. The system converts analog information and processes color and composite video signals to provide accurate navigation and mission data to the crew. Thanks to its rugged design, optimized for special mission applications, the product will sustain the harshest operational requirements.
THOMMEN’S display retrofit portfolio responds to the growing need of fixed and rotary wing operators looking for cost-efficient and reliable replacements for their aging CRT or first-generation LCD displays, for which there is often no spare-part, repair or overhaul solution anymore.
The AW129 MFD is designed and manufactured in Muttenz, Switzerland, which once again confirms THOMMEN’s resolute ambition to be THE specialist in tailored display products, made in Switzerland.
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Bell Boeing reveal the new CMV-22B Osprey
- Whistleblower alleges misconduct between FAA Honolulu office and helicopter operator
- Heritage Aviation starts first helicopter route under Indian connectivity scheme
- Pawan Hans appoints new chairman and managing director