THOMMEN AIRCRAFT EQUIPMENT LTD. is pleased to announce first deliveries of its digital Multi-Function Display (MFD) replacement solution for legacy CRT displays installed on AW129 helicopters.
Thanks to a proven track record in critical flight instruments and to inhouse LCD design, cutting and laminating capabilities, THOMMEN was awarded the task of developing and supplying a retrofit solution for older mission displays installed on the helicopter, which are no longer supported on the market. This custom-made self-contained, NVG-compatible display unit will allow operators to extend the lifetime of their fleet, while also benefitting from the latest technology in digital flight displays. The system converts analog information and processes color and composite video signals to provide accurate navigation and mission data to the crew. Thanks to its rugged design, optimized for special mission applications, the product will sustain the harshest operational requirements.
THOMMEN’S display retrofit portfolio responds to the growing need of fixed and rotary wing operators looking for cost-efficient and reliable replacements for their aging CRT or first-generation LCD displays, for which there is often no spare-part, repair or overhaul solution anymore.
The AW129 MFD is designed and manufactured in Muttenz, Switzerland, which once again confirms THOMMEN’s resolute ambition to be THE specialist in tailored display products, made in Switzerland.
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf
- Kawasaki receives 5-blade H145 order from Thai corporate operator
- Arista wins five year $111M extension to UH-1 maintenance contract
- Bell Delivers the First TV News Helicopter to China
- Garmin® GI 275 electronic flight instrument CDI/MFD ready for helicopter installations
- GPMS Foresight HUMS now active on B407GXi
- Leading Edge Aviation adds B407GX to fleet
- StandardAero Completes Consolidation of Helicopter Centers of Excellence
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119