THOMMEN AIRCRAFT EQUIPMENT LTD. is pleased to announce first deliveries of its digital Multi-Function Display (MFD) replacement solution for legacy CRT displays installed on AW129 helicopters.
Thanks to a proven track record in critical flight instruments and to inhouse LCD design, cutting and laminating capabilities, THOMMEN was awarded the task of developing and supplying a retrofit solution for older mission displays installed on the helicopter, which are no longer supported on the market. This custom-made self-contained, NVG-compatible display unit will allow operators to extend the lifetime of their fleet, while also benefitting from the latest technology in digital flight displays. The system converts analog information and processes color and composite video signals to provide accurate navigation and mission data to the crew. Thanks to its rugged design, optimized for special mission applications, the product will sustain the harshest operational requirements.
THOMMEN’S display retrofit portfolio responds to the growing need of fixed and rotary wing operators looking for cost-efficient and reliable replacements for their aging CRT or first-generation LCD displays, for which there is often no spare-part, repair or overhaul solution anymore.
The AW129 MFD is designed and manufactured in Muttenz, Switzerland, which once again confirms THOMMEN’s resolute ambition to be THE specialist in tailored display products, made in Switzerland.
- Jolly Green II HH-60W begins live-fire testing
- Hill Helicopters unveils interior concept for its new HX50
- Celebrate Girls in Aviation Day – September 26, 2020
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020
- Airbus Helicopters and HTM-Helicopters sign contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance CEO shortlisted for national award
- LCI and Sumitomo to establish JV helicopter leasing business
- COVID-19 forces Maverick Helicopters to lay off 75
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Records 50,000 Global Fleet Flight Hours
- Air BP delivers 210 tonnes of sustainable aviation fuel to Stockholm Arlanda Airport
- Virtual AMTC Announces Keynote Speakers
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires