Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT) has been tasked a total of 25,000 missions since the Charity was founded 21 years ago. This landmark figure was reached on January 1st when the team attended a road traffic collision in Hertfordshire.
EHAAT attended 1,526 patients in 2019, making it the busiest year ever for the Charity’s Critical Care Teams. This is an increase of 35 patients on 2018 when 1,491 patients were treated.
During 2019 EHAAT’s helicopters and rapid response vehicles (RRVs) were dispatched a total of 2,238 times. Medical incidents accounted for 39% of the total, followed by road traffic collisions (21%) and accidental injuries (16%). The remaining 24% included a mix of cases such as assaults and sports/leisure accidents. Blood transfusions, which EHAAT has been able to provide since March, were given to 35 patients.
Stuart Elms, Clinical Director at EHAAT, commented: “The last 12 months have been a hugely significant time for EHAAT.
“We are proud of two key developments over the last year. In March, we began carrying blood products on board our helicopters and RRVs thanks to our partnership with The Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow and the Essex Voluntary Blood Service. We have been able to provide potentially life-saving transfusions to 35 patients suffering significant blood loss.
“Since October 2019 our critical care team has been delivering a 24/7 pre-hospital care service to the people of Essex, Hertfordshire and surrounding areas using helicopters by day and RRVs by night.
“I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who helps us. None of this would be possible without the amazing backing we receive from our supporters and volunteers across both counties and our partners in the NHS and emergency services.”
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- EHA launches European exhibition to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- US Navy selects Leonardo AW119 for trainer – first order for 32 placed
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets