This week Boeing has released its production numbers for the fourth quarter of 2019, and the full year totals.
In the fourth quarter, the company delivered 10 new helicopters – all Apaches and no Chinooks. That takes the annual total to 37 Apaches and 13 Chinooks.
Included in the annual numbers are the first eight AH-64E Apaches for India, who inducted them into their Air Force inventory in a ceremony at the Pathankot Air Force Station in Punjab in early September. The 125 Helicopter Squadron, known as the ‘Gladiators’, will have 22 Boeing-built Apaches at both this base close to the Pakistan border, and at Jorhat Air Force Station near the border with China. India is the 16th country to receive the Apache.
Boeing also announces how many “remanufacturered” helicopters it delivers in its quarterly press release. Q4 included 18 Apaches and 6 Chinooks which had arrived for upgrading, taking the totals for the year to 74 Apaches and 22 Chinooks.
By comparison to the 10 Apaches produced in the fourth quarter, Boeing delivered just 9 737s. None of these would be 737 Max aircraft, which continue to be grounded for some while yet. The story with this airliner model just gets worse by the week. In a recent report, Boeing documents supplied to House and Senate committees (under their investigation of the design) include one employee describing the 737 Max as “designed by clowns, who in turn are supervised by monkeys.”. Gonna need some PR to turn that one around…
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics