Helinet Aviation Services, one of the most diverse and respected helicopter operators within the United States, announces the appointment of Sean M. Cross as President and COO. A retired U.S. Coast Guard Captain and aviator with 25 years of distinguished service, Cross is responsible for leading the company’s day-to-day operations and growth into new markets. He brings extensive experience in leadership, helicopter operations and maintenance to Helinet’s leadership team.
Prior to joining Helinet, Cross retired as Chief of Incident Management for the Coast Guard’s Thirteenth District, where he oversaw search and rescue, marine environmental pollution and maritime incident response operations throughout the Pacific Northwest. He previously served as the Commanding Officer of Air Station Traverse City, MI, responsible for search and rescue operations in the western Great Lakes. He also served as Executive Officer of Air Station Elizabeth City, NC, responsible for search and rescue and counter-narcotics operations from Central America to the Arctic. Cross earned designations as a flight examiner, instructor pilot and post-maintenance test pilot – accruing over 4,000 flight hours in the MH-60J/T Jayhawk and MH-65C/D Dolphin helicopters. A designated Aeronautical Engineer, Cross spent his career in various aircraft maintenance and logistics management positions including managing the Coast Guard’s multi-million dollar aviation maintenance budget supporting more than 4,100 personnel at 28 units, operating 200 aircraft flying more than 100,000 flight hours per year.
“I am confident that Sean’s wealth of operational, tactical and technological expertise will greatly advance Helinet’s continued growth across all service areas and markets,” said Helinet CEO Kathryn Purwin. “He exhibits the passion, discipline and real-world mission experience to lead our Helinet team into the future.”
Headquartered at Los Angeles’ Van Nuys Airport, Helinet provides diverse services and aircraft to a wide range of markets including VIP charter, air medical, electronic news gathering, motion picture and commercial production, and public safety. Its technology division provides customized surveillance solutions to law enforcement, public safety and government agencies nationwide.
“I am honored to join an organization and leadership team with a global reputation for delivering the highest levels of service, safety and professionalism in the industry,” said Cross. “I look forward to working with our customers to ensure our brand continues to grow and lead the industry and with our staff to maximize the contributions of each team member to ensure Helinet’s continued success.”
A graduate of the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, Cross also holds master’s degrees in business administration from Purdue University and aviation management from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. He is the recipient of the Admiral Chester R. Bender Award for Heroism, Order of Daedalians Helicopter Aircrew of the Year Award and the Coast Guard Academy Alumni Association Distinguished Volunteer Award for his mentoring work with Men’s Lacrosse program.
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas