True Blue Power today announced Airwolf Aerospace has selected the company’s ultra-lightweight, fast-charging main ship batteries for a series of new lithium-ion battery Supplemental Type Certification (STC) kits on 18 turbine helicopter models.
Airwolf’s lithium-ion battery STC kits include a state-of-the-art True Blue Power® lithium-ion main ship battery, mounting hardware, simple wiring harness and a Magic Button that is exclusive to Airwolf. The Magic Button is a combination digital computer, annunciator and battery warm-up switch. Airwolf STC kits essentially offer a plug-and-play, stand-alone installation, requiring only a one-square-inch hole in the panel for the annunciator.
“Our first phase of helicopter STCs is nearly complete. We expect certification and battery kits available the first quarter of 2020,” said Eric Wolf, Vice President of Sales and Business Development for Airwolf Aerospace. “EASA ETSO, TCCA and ANAC certifications, along with phase two STCs for the Bell 204, 205 and 212, the UH-1, and the Leonardo AW139 will follow later in the year.”
Phase I Lithium-ion Battery STC Kits — Availability expected the first quarter of 2020
- Airbus H125, H130, H135, H145
- Bell 206, 206L, 206L1, 206L3, 206L4
- Enstrom 480
- MD Helicopters MD369, MD500, MD600
Phase II Lithium-ion Battery STC Kits — Availability expected the fourth quarter of 2020
- Bell 204, 205, 212, UH-1, OH-58
- Leonardo AW119, AW139
True Blue Power aircraft batteries are TSO-certified and engineered with the most sophisticated lithium-ion chemistry available. The True Blue Power TB17 (17 amp-hour), TB20 (20 amp-hour), TB30 (30 amp-hour), TB40 (40 amp-hour) and the TB44 (46 amp-hour) main ship batteries deliver more power for engine starts, more energy for emergency and back-up power, ultra-fast recharge and much longer life. Benefits and features include:
- Ultra-lightweight and powerful — Up to 60% lighter than lead-acid and NiCad batteries and more amp-hours per pound than any other aircraft battery
- Reduced empty weight and increased useful load — More cargo, more passengers, longer range
- Extended useful battery life — More than double lead-acid and NiCad batteries
- Rapid recharge — Back-to-back engine starts
- Faster, cooler and cleaner engine starts — Less wear and extended engine life
- Superior high temperature and cold weather performance — -40°C/-40°F to +70°C/158°F
- Reduced scheduled maintenance costs — Save up to 90% in total maintenance costs
- Environmentally friendly — Eliminate toxic metals, acid spills and significantly reduce carbon emissions
True Blue Power advanced lithium-ion batteries will be on display in the True Blue Power booth #5729 during HAI Heli-Expo, January 28 – 30 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. Airwolf Lithium-ion Battery STC Kit information will be available in Airwolf Aerospace booth #6020.
For more information about True Blue Power aircraft batteries or advanced power solutions, contact Erik Ritzman, True Blue Power Director, at 316-630-0101 or visit truebluepowerusa.com.
About True Blue Power
True Blue Power specializes in the custom design and manufacture of power solutions for the global aerospace industry. This includes USB charging ports, inverters, voltage converters, emergency power supplies and advanced lithium-ion batteries. Select products feature proprietary NanoPhosphate® lithium-ion battery technology, which offers stable chemistry, faster charging, consistent output, excellent cycle life and superior cost performance — this translates into smaller, lighter products that are less than half the size and weight of existing solutions. For additional information, please visit truebluepowerusa.com.
About Airwolf Aerospace
Airwolf Aerospace has over 30 years of experience designing, certifying and manufacturing cost-saving PMA and STC components. For additional information, please visit www.airwolfaerospace.com.
- StandardAero Completes Consolidation of Helicopter Centers of Excellence
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work