True Blue Power today announced Airwolf Aerospace has selected the company’s ultra-lightweight, fast-charging main ship batteries for a series of new lithium-ion battery Supplemental Type Certification (STC) kits on 18 turbine helicopter models.
Airwolf’s lithium-ion battery STC kits include a state-of-the-art True Blue Power® lithium-ion main ship battery, mounting hardware, simple wiring harness and a Magic Button that is exclusive to Airwolf. The Magic Button is a combination digital computer, annunciator and battery warm-up switch. Airwolf STC kits essentially offer a plug-and-play, stand-alone installation, requiring only a one-square-inch hole in the panel for the annunciator.
“Our first phase of helicopter STCs is nearly complete. We expect certification and battery kits available the first quarter of 2020,” said Eric Wolf, Vice President of Sales and Business Development for Airwolf Aerospace. “EASA ETSO, TCCA and ANAC certifications, along with phase two STCs for the Bell 204, 205 and 212, the UH-1, and the Leonardo AW139 will follow later in the year.”
Phase I Lithium-ion Battery STC Kits — Availability expected the first quarter of 2020
- Airbus H125, H130, H135, H145
- Bell 206, 206L, 206L1, 206L3, 206L4
- Enstrom 480
- MD Helicopters MD369, MD500, MD600
Phase II Lithium-ion Battery STC Kits — Availability expected the fourth quarter of 2020
- Bell 204, 205, 212, UH-1, OH-58
- Leonardo AW119, AW139
True Blue Power aircraft batteries are TSO-certified and engineered with the most sophisticated lithium-ion chemistry available. The True Blue Power TB17 (17 amp-hour), TB20 (20 amp-hour), TB30 (30 amp-hour), TB40 (40 amp-hour) and the TB44 (46 amp-hour) main ship batteries deliver more power for engine starts, more energy for emergency and back-up power, ultra-fast recharge and much longer life. Benefits and features include:
- Ultra-lightweight and powerful — Up to 60% lighter than lead-acid and NiCad batteries and more amp-hours per pound than any other aircraft battery
- Reduced empty weight and increased useful load — More cargo, more passengers, longer range
- Extended useful battery life — More than double lead-acid and NiCad batteries
- Rapid recharge — Back-to-back engine starts
- Faster, cooler and cleaner engine starts — Less wear and extended engine life
- Superior high temperature and cold weather performance — -40°C/-40°F to +70°C/158°F
- Reduced scheduled maintenance costs — Save up to 90% in total maintenance costs
- Environmentally friendly — Eliminate toxic metals, acid spills and significantly reduce carbon emissions
True Blue Power advanced lithium-ion batteries will be on display in the True Blue Power booth #5729 during HAI Heli-Expo, January 28 – 30 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. Airwolf Lithium-ion Battery STC Kit information will be available in Airwolf Aerospace booth #6020.
For more information about True Blue Power aircraft batteries or advanced power solutions, contact Erik Ritzman, True Blue Power Director, at 316-630-0101 or visit truebluepowerusa.com.
About True Blue Power
True Blue Power specializes in the custom design and manufacture of power solutions for the global aerospace industry. This includes USB charging ports, inverters, voltage converters, emergency power supplies and advanced lithium-ion batteries. Select products feature proprietary NanoPhosphate® lithium-ion battery technology, which offers stable chemistry, faster charging, consistent output, excellent cycle life and superior cost performance — this translates into smaller, lighter products that are less than half the size and weight of existing solutions. For additional information, please visit truebluepowerusa.com.
About Airwolf Aerospace
Airwolf Aerospace has over 30 years of experience designing, certifying and manufacturing cost-saving PMA and STC components. For additional information, please visit www.airwolfaerospace.com.
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s