Astronautics Corporation of America, in partnership with Rotorcraft Services Group (RSG), has completed submission for a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for its AFI4700 RoadRunner Electronic Flight Instrument (EFI) on Bell 212 and 412 aircraft with certification expected near term.
RSG is an authorized RoadRunner EFI dealer, installer, and PMA kit provider for Bell 212/412 retrofits.
“STC approval on these Bell aircraft will give even more helicopter operators access to the cost, ease, and safety benefits of Astronautics’ RoadRunner when upgrading to modern electronic flight instrument systems on their helicopter fleets,” said Astronautics Vice President of Sales and Business Development Greg Plantz.
The RoadRunner EFI is an easy-to-install and cost-effective replacement for existing attitude director and horizontal situation indicator functionality to a modern electronic flight instrument system, enabling enhanced safety features such as localizer performance with vertical guidance (LPV) approaches.
The RoadRunner EFI also provides operators readability in all lighting conditions, familiar and easy-to-use controls, reduced operating and maintenance costs, and minimal downtime for installation. The unit is easily upgradeable with new software functionality tailorable to customer needs and mission requirements.
The RoadRunner EFI has an FAA STC for Leonardo A109/119 helicopters and bilateral validation with European Aviation Safety Agency and Brazil Agência Nacional de Aviação.
Astronautics’ authorized dealer network sells and services the RoadRunner EFI. For more information visit RoadRunner.Astronautics.com or contact [email protected]
To learn more about the RoadRunner EFI and its capabilities at HAI Heli-Expo 2020, visit Astronautics on stand 1428 and for details specific to the 212/214 visit RSG on stand 2416.
RoadRunner EFI demonstration units will also be featured on the following stands highlighting the system’s easy installation and superior viewability: RSG for the Bell 412 (stand 2416); StandardAero (stand 2824) as part of its SAFECRAFT system; Avidyne Corporation interfacing with its FMS/GPS Navigator (stand 7727); and Maxcraft Avionics Ltd. (stand 3905).
Astronautics Corporation of America, headquartered in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, is a global leader in the design, development, and manufacture of secure avionics equipment and systems for the commercial and military aerospace industry. Key product areas include electronic primary flight and engine displays, connected aircraft and cyber solutions, electronic flight bags, and certified servers for airborne applications. Services include avionics system integration and custom software for critical applications. Since its founding in 1959, Astronautics has been providing trusted, reliable, and tailored solutions to help clients achieve mission success. Astronautics is the parent company of Kearfott Corporation, headquartered in Woodland Park, New Jersey. For more: www.astronautics.com
- Astronics Max-Viz 2300 Enhanced Vision System Receives Amended STC for Bell
- Babcock extends South Australia contract
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Leonardo AB412 – EASA AD 2020-0192 – Electrical Power – Cable Assembly
- Bell 205, 205, 212, 214, 412 – FAA AD 2020-16-10 – Shoulder harness
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI Receives FAA STC for Bell 212 and 412
- Triumph To Provide Mechanical Flight Controls For Multiple Bell Platforms
- AAT delivers first Bell 412 EMS interior to Montenegro military
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Astronautics to provide integrated flight display system for Bell 412EPX
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Genesys Aerosystems’ Modernized Avionics Suite Achieved STC in Bell 412EP & 412
- 25-Oct-19 FAC0006 Bell 412 Albán, Colombia (6F)
- Canada to extend life of Armed Forces Bell 412 fleet
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Montenegrin Air Force adds three Bell 412s
- ACE Training Centre adds new AW139 and B412 approvals
- Bell and SUBARU announce their collaboration
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense