Telephonics Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Griffon Corporation (NYSE: GFF), announced today that it has successfully demonstrated its MOSAIC® Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar system aboard a U.S. Navy MH-60S helicopter, accumulating over 10 hours of operational time during a two-week period in November. The flight demonstrations, which took place over the Mid-Atlantic region, showcased for the first time the system’s discriminating capabilities including Autonomous Anti-Surface Warfare radar operations and true dual beam technology.
Known as a global leader in the design and development of maritime surveillance radar systems, Telephonics dual beam technology, utilizing two independent beams from a single radar aperture, allows MOSAIC to perform continuous autonomously scheduled Inverse Synthetic Aperture Radar (ISAR) imaging while simultaneously conducting surveillance, detection and tracking operations. This drastically reduces the time needed to complete recognized maritime picture operations. The saved ISAR images are associated with track parametric data recallable for review, which reduces operator workload.
“This new generation AESA radar has the potential to provide great benefit to the future vertical lift platform,” said Capt. Todd Evans, H-60 Multi-Mission Helicopters (PMA-299) program manager.
Kevin McSweeney, President, Telephonics Corporation added, “We are excited to introduce our MOSAIC AESA system to the marketplace. We are known as an innovator in design and development of maritime surveillance systems, and with the numerous advanced modes developed exclusively for this radar we believe we have a solution that exceeds current AESA capabilities.”
For more information about Telephonics and its advanced surveillance capabilities, please contact Kimberly Chernick at [email protected] or visit www.telephonics.com.
Telephonics, founded in 1933, is recognized globally as a leading provider of highly sophisticated intelligence, surveillance and communications solutions that are deployed across a wide range of land, sea and air applications. Telephonics designs, develops, manufactures and provides logistical support and lifecycle sustainment services to defence, aerospace and commercial customers worldwide.
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation
- DRF Luftrettung H135 and H145 receive EMS equipment
- COVID-19 – MD Helicopter launches flight support for COVID-19 humanitarian missions
- Autoflug and Volocopter partner on air taxi seats
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset