Telephonics Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Griffon Corporation (NYSE: GFF), announced today that it has successfully demonstrated its MOSAIC® Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar system aboard a U.S. Navy MH-60S helicopter, accumulating over 10 hours of operational time during a two-week period in November. The flight demonstrations, which took place over the Mid-Atlantic region, showcased for the first time the system’s discriminating capabilities including Autonomous Anti-Surface Warfare radar operations and true dual beam technology.
Known as a global leader in the design and development of maritime surveillance radar systems, Telephonics dual beam technology, utilizing two independent beams from a single radar aperture, allows MOSAIC to perform continuous autonomously scheduled Inverse Synthetic Aperture Radar (ISAR) imaging while simultaneously conducting surveillance, detection and tracking operations. This drastically reduces the time needed to complete recognized maritime picture operations. The saved ISAR images are associated with track parametric data recallable for review, which reduces operator workload.
“This new generation AESA radar has the potential to provide great benefit to the future vertical lift platform,” said Capt. Todd Evans, H-60 Multi-Mission Helicopters (PMA-299) program manager.
Kevin McSweeney, President, Telephonics Corporation added, “We are excited to introduce our MOSAIC AESA system to the marketplace. We are known as an innovator in design and development of maritime surveillance systems, and with the numerous advanced modes developed exclusively for this radar we believe we have a solution that exceeds current AESA capabilities.”
For more information about Telephonics and its advanced surveillance capabilities, please contact Kimberly Chernick at [email protected] or visit www.telephonics.com.
Telephonics, founded in 1933, is recognized globally as a leading provider of highly sophisticated intelligence, surveillance and communications solutions that are deployed across a wide range of land, sea and air applications. Telephonics designs, develops, manufactures and provides logistical support and lifecycle sustainment services to defence, aerospace and commercial customers worldwide.
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades