Telephonics Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Griffon Corporation (NYSE: GFF), announced today that it has successfully demonstrated its MOSAIC® Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar system aboard a U.S. Navy MH-60S helicopter, accumulating over 10 hours of operational time during a two-week period in November. The flight demonstrations, which took place over the Mid-Atlantic region, showcased for the first time the system’s discriminating capabilities including Autonomous Anti-Surface Warfare radar operations and true dual beam technology.
Known as a global leader in the design and development of maritime surveillance radar systems, Telephonics dual beam technology, utilizing two independent beams from a single radar aperture, allows MOSAIC to perform continuous autonomously scheduled Inverse Synthetic Aperture Radar (ISAR) imaging while simultaneously conducting surveillance, detection and tracking operations. This drastically reduces the time needed to complete recognized maritime picture operations. The saved ISAR images are associated with track parametric data recallable for review, which reduces operator workload.
“This new generation AESA radar has the potential to provide great benefit to the future vertical lift platform,” said Capt. Todd Evans, H-60 Multi-Mission Helicopters (PMA-299) program manager.
Kevin McSweeney, President, Telephonics Corporation added, “We are excited to introduce our MOSAIC AESA system to the marketplace. We are known as an innovator in design and development of maritime surveillance systems, and with the numerous advanced modes developed exclusively for this radar we believe we have a solution that exceeds current AESA capabilities.”
For more information about Telephonics and its advanced surveillance capabilities, please contact Kimberly Chernick at [email protected] or visit www.telephonics.com.
Telephonics, founded in 1933, is recognized globally as a leading provider of highly sophisticated intelligence, surveillance and communications solutions that are deployed across a wide range of land, sea and air applications. Telephonics designs, develops, manufactures and provides logistical support and lifecycle sustainment services to defence, aerospace and commercial customers worldwide.
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s