Astronautics Corporation of America is releasing enhancements to its AFI4700 RoadRunner Electronic Flight Instrument (EFI). The latest updates include further enhancements that improve integration with all H-60 platforms, as well as support for additional military functions such as Tactical Air Navigation Systems (TACAN).
“Astronautics prides itself on continually evolving the RoadRunner EFI to address our customers’ unique requirements and expand the capabilities of the product across multiple platforms,” said Astronautics Vice President of Sales and Business Development Greg Plantz.
The RoadRunner EFI is an easy-to-install and cost-effective replacement for existing attitude director and horizontal situational indicator functionality to a modern electronic flight instrument system, enabling enhanced safety features including localizer performance with vertical guidance (LPV) approaches.
The RoadRunner EFI also provides operators readability in all lighting conditions, familiar and easy-to-use controls, reduced operating and maintenance costs, and minimal downtime for installation. The unit is easily upgradeable with new software functionality tailorable to customer needs and mission requirements.
The RoadRunner EFI has supplemental type certificate (STC) approval for Leonardo A109/119 aircraft with Bell 212/412/214 STC approval expected shortly. The RoadRunner EFI is also installed on Sikorsky HH-60L/Firehawk conversions for Ventura County Fire Department and Santa Barbara County.
Astronautics’ authorized dealer network sells and services the RoadRunner EFI. For more information visit RoadRunner.Astronautics.com or contact [email protected]
To learn more about the RoadRunner EFI and its capabilities at HAI Heli-Expo 2020, visit Astronautics on stand 1428. RoadRunner EFI demonstration units will also be featured on the following stands highlighting the system’s easy installation and superior viewability: Rotorcraft Services Group for the Bell 412 (stand 2416); StandardAero (stand 2824) as part of its SAFECRAFT system; Avidyne Corporation interfacing with its FMS/GPS Navigator (stand 7727); and Maxcraft Avionics Ltd. (stand 3905).
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation
- DRF Luftrettung H135 and H145 receive EMS equipment
- COVID-19 – MD Helicopter launches flight support for COVID-19 humanitarian missions
- Autoflug and Volocopter partner on air taxi seats
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk