Astronautics Corporation of America is releasing enhancements to its AFI4700 RoadRunner Electronic Flight Instrument (EFI). The latest updates include further enhancements that improve integration with all H-60 platforms, as well as support for additional military functions such as Tactical Air Navigation Systems (TACAN).
“Astronautics prides itself on continually evolving the RoadRunner EFI to address our customers’ unique requirements and expand the capabilities of the product across multiple platforms,” said Astronautics Vice President of Sales and Business Development Greg Plantz.
The RoadRunner EFI is an easy-to-install and cost-effective replacement for existing attitude director and horizontal situational indicator functionality to a modern electronic flight instrument system, enabling enhanced safety features including localizer performance with vertical guidance (LPV) approaches.
The RoadRunner EFI also provides operators readability in all lighting conditions, familiar and easy-to-use controls, reduced operating and maintenance costs, and minimal downtime for installation. The unit is easily upgradeable with new software functionality tailorable to customer needs and mission requirements.
The RoadRunner EFI has supplemental type certificate (STC) approval for Leonardo A109/119 aircraft with Bell 212/412/214 STC approval expected shortly. The RoadRunner EFI is also installed on Sikorsky HH-60L/Firehawk conversions for Ventura County Fire Department and Santa Barbara County.
Astronautics’ authorized dealer network sells and services the RoadRunner EFI. For more information visit RoadRunner.Astronautics.com or contact [email protected]
To learn more about the RoadRunner EFI and its capabilities at HAI Heli-Expo 2020, visit Astronautics on stand 1428. RoadRunner EFI demonstration units will also be featured on the following stands highlighting the system’s easy installation and superior viewability: Rotorcraft Services Group for the Bell 412 (stand 2416); StandardAero (stand 2824) as part of its SAFECRAFT system; Avidyne Corporation interfacing with its FMS/GPS Navigator (stand 7727); and Maxcraft Avionics Ltd. (stand 3905).
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s