Collins Aerospace Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), today announced that three of the world’s top aerial firefighting agencies are equipping their helicopters with the company’s newest rescue hoist, the Goodrich 44318. The Los Angeles County Fire Department (LACoFD) and the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) selected the hoist for their S-70i FIREHAWK helicopters, while the Santa Barbara County Fire Department (SBCFD) selected the hoist for an HH-60L BLACK HAWK® helicopter it is converting to aerial firefighting configuration.
With its advanced technologies, the Goodrich 44318 is Collins Aerospace’s latest, most advanced rescue hoist. Compared to the Goodrich 44311, which has been flying on LACoFD’s S-70ATM FIREHAWK helicopters since they entered service nearly two decades ago, the 44318 boasts a number of improvements. The new hoist meets regulatory agencies’ current requirements for Human External Cargo, meaning people can stay on the line longer for transport or rescue missions; features a 600-pound max lift load; and allows operators to continuously rescue multiple victims without a cool-down period. The 44318 is currently in service on several platforms, including the Leonardo AW189, Airbus EC225 and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries UH-60J.
“As FIREHAWK fleets expand, Collins Aerospace is proud that operators continue to equip them with Goodrich rescue hoists,” said Nick Demogines, director of business development for Hoist & Winch at Collins Aerospace. “With decades of experience and more than 7,000 airborne hoists throughout the global fleet, Collins is a leader in the helicopter hoist rescue community. We are honored to deliver innovative, reliable solutions to our customers to support their life-saving missions.”
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s