MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announces the integration of digital, all-glass cockpit solutions for its MD 500E and MD 520N single-engine helicopters. Based on the FAA-certified flight deck for the MD 530F, the cockpit design for these 500-series aircraft will feature high resolution LCD displays housed in an elegant slim line console.
“It has been my vision since acquiring MD Helicopters to enhance the elegantly simple engineering of these iconic airframes with next generation technologies that are both design and function forward,” said Lynn Tilton, Chief Executive Officer for MD Helicopters, Inc. “Developed with careful consideration of pilot feedback, these new avionics solutions for the MD 500E and MD 520N are elegant, refined, and true to the MD Helicopters legacy of ensuring our operators fly not only the safest aircraft in their class, but the most advanced.”
Both the MD 500E and MD 520N will feature an advanced all-glass cockpit solution that combines engineering and manufacturing excellence with next-generation technology and a design aesthetic that is both functional and beautiful. Like the MD 530F, the MD 500E and MD 520N cockpit solutions will include:
- Garmin G500H TXi Electronic Flight Instruments (EFIS) displays
- Howell Instruments Electronic Engine Instruments and Crew Alert Systems (EICAS)
- Garmin GTN 650 Touchscreen NAV/COM/GPS.
The portrait-oriented, high-resolution LCD displays allow for the reconfiguration of the cockpit console to provide forward visibility for both pilot and co-pilot; an enhancement that is perfectly suited for MD 500E/MD 520N operators who execute long-line and other utility operations.
With the integration of these advanced cockpit solutions, all of MDHI’s single-engine aircraft will feature performance-enhancing all-glass digital flight decks. MDHI announced certified all-glass cockpits for the MD 600N in 2017 and for its highly sought-after MD 530F in 2018.
It is anticipated that the slim line flight deck configuration will be FAA approved for production and as a type design option by the end of 3Q 2020, with deliveries available in 2021.
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract
- Veelo Technologies Helping to Keep Aircraft Rotor Blades Out of the Oven
- Avfuel Adds Webinar and Human Factors Course to Training System
- EHang provides details of sales contracts to refute Wolfpack allegations
- Bristow closes $400M Notes offering and pays off term loans
- Whirly-Girls International release 2021 Scholarship Recipients
- SAFE wins contract for US Army UH-60 work platforms
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA
- Schiebel first UAS Operator in Europe to receive LUC from Austro Control
- Cornwall Air Ambulance now carries blood products
- EHang 216 AAV completes first trial flights in Beijing airspace
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC