At the 2020 HAI Heli-Expo in Anaheim California, MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) will proudly display two aircraft representing the two largest segments of the company’s global customer base, law enforcement and military. The MD Helicopters booth, #6815, will feature an MD 530F operated by Fresno County (CA) Sheriff’s Office (FCSO) alongside the next generation of its proven light scout attack helicopter family, the MD 530G Block II (BII).
“We are proud to showcase our world-renown helicopters at the annual HAI Heli-Expo,” said Lynn Tilton, Chief Executive Officer for MD Helicopters. “Representing two of our most enduring market segments, these innovative aircraft are the embodiment of my commitment to advanced engineering, exquisite design and superior performance.”
Fresno County Sheriff’s Office 530F
The Fresno County Sheriff’s Department was the first law enforcement agency to fly with MDHI’s certified glass cockpit. Known as Eagle 1, the FCSO MD 530F features a mission equipment package that includes Hi-Viz blades, TFO Transmit Switches, Satellite Phone, PA System, FLIR 380HDc, NVISB Interior, 5” and 12” Displays, and main cabin M4 weapons mounts.
“The multi-mission capability of the MD 530F is one of the hallmark features of this iconic airframe,” Tilton comments. “We are excited to feature this beautiful aircraft in our booth this year, and to welcome Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims and her team as a celebration of our commitment to law enforcement operators worldwide.”
MD 530G BII Light Scout Attack Helicopter
HAI Heli-Expo 2020 will mark the debut of the Company’s new MD 530G Block II (BII) Light Scout Attack Helicopter featuring an advanced, pilot-centric Integrated Weapons System (IWS) designed by Elbit Systems, Ltd. (ESL). The advanced avionics system is comprised of a Helmet Display and Tracking System (HDTS), Weapons Management System (WMS) and Mission Management System (MMS).
Utilizing an intuitive Human Machine Interface (HMI), multi-functional smart displays and next-generation applications, the Elbit Systems, Ltd. IWS will deliver an impressive, multi-mission cockpit that reduces pilot workload, increases efficiency of crew operations, delivers increased lethality for a broad range of mission profiles, and sets a new standard for the highly competitive light scout attack helicopter class.
The MD 530G BII on display at MDHI’s HAI Heli-Expo booth (#6815) will feature the ESL Integrated Weapons System and be configured with both precision strike and suppressive fire munitions including a twin Hellfire launcher, M260 7-shot 2.75” rocket pod for laser guided and unguided rockets, and two (2) M134 7.62mm Mini-guns.
Aftermarket and Customer Support Programs
Also at the 2020 HAI Heli-Expo, MD Helicopters will also provide updates on its Aftermarket and Customer Support operations, including continued enhancements to its innovative MyMD.aero customer portal.
“For the past 15 years my team has embraced a vision of innovation and excellence in design,” Tilton concludes, “Together we remain focused in our purpose, and committed to delivering forward-focused products that exceed operator expectations in quality, capabilities, and customer support.”
To learn more, stop by the MDHI booth, #6815, during the annual HAI Heli-Expo at the Anaheim Convention Center, in Anaheim, California, January 28 – 30, 2020.
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification