Robinson Newscopters continue to make inroads into major media markets in the U.S. with Washington D.C. and Tampa, Florida, becoming the latest to employ Robinson Electric News Gathering (ENG) helicopters.
SKY Helicopters, Robinson’s longtime dealer in Garland, Texas, recently took delivery of a new R66 Newscopter bringing the company’s fleet of Robinson Newscopters to fifteen. The latest addition will provide aerial support to WTTG FOX, WUSA CBS, and WJLA ABC in Washington D.C. SKY also recently placed one of its R44 Newscopters in Tampa, to serve as the eye-in-the-sky for stations WTVT FOX and WFTS ABC. According to Nielsen’s 2019 Designated Market Area Rankings, Washington D.C has nearly 2.5 million television viewers with Tampa at around 1.8 million viewers. In both instances, the Robinson ENG helicopters replaced older, less economical airframes.
According to Ken Pyatt, President of SKY Helicopters, the turn-key Robinson Newscopters provide an economical aerial platform with state-of-the-art ENG cameras and broadcast equipment. Robinson Newscopters easily integrate into TV stations’ existing broadcast equipment and are capable of working simultaneously with several stations.
To date, Robinson has delivered eighty Newscopters worldwide including Brazil, Canada, and Australia.
- COVID19 – HAC cancels annual convention scheduled for November 2020
- European Rotors event will host an industry hackathon
- Indian Air Force upgrades Mi-17s with Night Vision Goggles
- Airbus helps Hungarian Air Ambulance become a digital organisation
- EASA publishes proposed eVTOL certification methods
- Triumph to supply mechanical controls for US TH-73 trainers
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- COVID-19 – Airbus Helicopters offers solutions to air ambulance operators in the fight against COVID-19
- COVID-19 – How Airbus is helping frontline operators in the fight against COVID-19
- Helitrans accepts two Airbus H125s under e-delivery process
- Gama Aviation and Atkins retain UK military airworthiness contract
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers