Milestone Aviation Group Limited (“Milestone”), a GECAS company and the global leader in helicopter leasing, announced the purchase and leaseback of three Leonardo AW139s with French helicopter services provider, Héli-Union. The acquisition of these aircraft expands Milestone’s fleet of owned and debt financed fleet of AW139 helicopters to more than 80.
The company made the announcement at HAI Heli-Expo 2020, which takes place this week at the Anaheim Convention Centre in California as part of a wider deal with Héli-Union. This transaction also includes the lease of an additional AW139, two Airbus H225s, and the lease extension of a further AW139.
The AW139 helicopters will be used for air transportation services in support of drilling programmes, exploration and production campaigns undertaken by oil and gas companies in countries such as Angola, Gabon and Myanmar. The two H225s will be deployed to drilling programmes in Namibia.
“Milestone Aviation is an accomplished lessor when it comes to placing aircraft in the oil and gas industry. We are proud and pleased to partner with them for our current and upcoming projects,” commented Patrick Molis, CEO & Chairman of Heli-Union. “The additional helicopters and the extension of current contract that we have with Milestone Aviation is another key step towards our commitment to offer our customers a safe and reliable solution that can best meet the needs of our global customers.”
Pat Sheedy, CEO of Milestone Aviation said, “We are delighted to expand our relationship with Héli-Union with whom we have been working with for more than two years. Milestone has an innate ability to deliver for its customers and create unique solutions that best suit their needs. We look forward to continuing to grow our business partnership with Héli-Union and to supporting their efforts in the oil and gas sector for the years to come.”
Milestone is exhibiting at Heli-Expo Booth 4916 at Anaheim Convention Centre from January 27th to 29th.
- StandardAero Completes Consolidation of Helicopter Centers of Excellence
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work