Milestone Aviation Group Limited (“Milestone”), a GECAS company and the global leader in helicopter leasing, announced the purchase and leaseback of three Leonardo AW139s with French helicopter services provider, Héli-Union. The acquisition of these aircraft expands Milestone’s fleet of owned and debt financed fleet of AW139 helicopters to more than 80.
The company made the announcement at HAI Heli-Expo 2020, which takes place this week at the Anaheim Convention Centre in California as part of a wider deal with Héli-Union. This transaction also includes the lease of an additional AW139, two Airbus H225s, and the lease extension of a further AW139.
The AW139 helicopters will be used for air transportation services in support of drilling programmes, exploration and production campaigns undertaken by oil and gas companies in countries such as Angola, Gabon and Myanmar. The two H225s will be deployed to drilling programmes in Namibia.
“Milestone Aviation is an accomplished lessor when it comes to placing aircraft in the oil and gas industry. We are proud and pleased to partner with them for our current and upcoming projects,” commented Patrick Molis, CEO & Chairman of Heli-Union. “The additional helicopters and the extension of current contract that we have with Milestone Aviation is another key step towards our commitment to offer our customers a safe and reliable solution that can best meet the needs of our global customers.”
Pat Sheedy, CEO of Milestone Aviation said, “We are delighted to expand our relationship with Héli-Union with whom we have been working with for more than two years. Milestone has an innate ability to deliver for its customers and create unique solutions that best suit their needs. We look forward to continuing to grow our business partnership with Héli-Union and to supporting their efforts in the oil and gas sector for the years to come.”
Milestone is exhibiting at Heli-Expo Booth 4916 at Anaheim Convention Centre from January 27th to 29th.
- Jolly Green II HH-60W begins live-fire testing
- Hill Helicopters unveils interior concept for its new HX50
- Celebrate Girls in Aviation Day – September 26, 2020
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020
- Airbus Helicopters and HTM-Helicopters sign contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance CEO shortlisted for national award
- LCI and Sumitomo to establish JV helicopter leasing business
- COVID-19 forces Maverick Helicopters to lay off 75
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Records 50,000 Global Fleet Flight Hours
- Air BP delivers 210 tonnes of sustainable aviation fuel to Stockholm Arlanda Airport
- Virtual AMTC Announces Keynote Speakers
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires