S.A.F.E. Structure Designs announced the delivery of efficient custom designed maintenance stands at Southern California Edison (SCE) to support their beautiful Bell 429 that is on display in the Bell exhibit at HeliExpo. The custom stands located at the SCE facility are designed specifically for the Bell 429 allowing the mechanics to work on all areas of the aircraft safely and efficiently.
The first Bell 429 stands were designed for Nassau County police in 2017. After feedback from the mechanics, S.A.F.E. engineered the latest models with anti-fatigue mats to protect the mechanics knees and back. Accessories to hold tools and waste were added to prevent FOD and help with tool control.
S.A.F.E. CEO Johnny Buscema said “I take the time to talk with mechanics and observe their working environment in order to design solutions that work. It is important that the stands are SAFE and user friendly. The stands have to be comfortable for the mechanics to get the work done efficiently and with minimal distraction. I always value the feedback from customers.”
S.A.F.E. will be hosting a Maintenance Safety Symposium in Dallas in June to provide safety information and networking opportunities for mechanics. Visit the S.A.F.E. Structure Designs booths #4432 and #130 for information on this event and other training and safety resources.
S.A.F.E. Structure Designs is the global leader in maintenance support equipment that strives to put safety first, S.A.F.E. listens to the needs of the maintenance teams and designs custom equipment to the exact specifications that consider realistic ergonomic factors as well as efficiency. S.A.F.E provides the answers to the unique challenges of working on complex aircraft.
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring