S.A.F.E. Structure Designs announced the delivery of efficient custom designed maintenance stands at Southern California Edison (SCE) to support their beautiful Bell 429 that is on display in the Bell exhibit at HeliExpo. The custom stands located at the SCE facility are designed specifically for the Bell 429 allowing the mechanics to work on all areas of the aircraft safely and efficiently.
The first Bell 429 stands were designed for Nassau County police in 2017. After feedback from the mechanics, S.A.F.E. engineered the latest models with anti-fatigue mats to protect the mechanics knees and back. Accessories to hold tools and waste were added to prevent FOD and help with tool control.
S.A.F.E. CEO Johnny Buscema said “I take the time to talk with mechanics and observe their working environment in order to design solutions that work. It is important that the stands are SAFE and user friendly. The stands have to be comfortable for the mechanics to get the work done efficiently and with minimal distraction. I always value the feedback from customers.”
S.A.F.E. will be hosting a Maintenance Safety Symposium in Dallas in June to provide safety information and networking opportunities for mechanics. Visit the S.A.F.E. Structure Designs booths #4432 and #130 for information on this event and other training and safety resources.
S.A.F.E. Structure Designs is the global leader in maintenance support equipment that strives to put safety first, S.A.F.E. listens to the needs of the maintenance teams and designs custom equipment to the exact specifications that consider realistic ergonomic factors as well as efficiency. S.A.F.E provides the answers to the unique challenges of working on complex aircraft.
- COVID19 – HAC cancels annual convention scheduled for November 2020
- European Rotors event will host an industry hackathon
- Indian Air Force upgrades Mi-17s with Night Vision Goggles
- Airbus helps Hungarian Air Ambulance become a digital organisation
- EASA publishes proposed eVTOL certification methods
- Triumph to supply mechanical controls for US TH-73 trainers
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- COVID-19 – Airbus Helicopters offers solutions to air ambulance operators in the fight against COVID-19
- COVID-19 – How Airbus is helping frontline operators in the fight against COVID-19
- Helitrans accepts two Airbus H125s under e-delivery process
- Gama Aviation and Atkins retain UK military airworthiness contract
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers