S.A.F.E. Structure Designs announced the delivery of efficient custom designed maintenance stands at Southern California Edison (SCE) to support their beautiful Bell 429 that is on display in the Bell exhibit at HeliExpo. The custom stands located at the SCE facility are designed specifically for the Bell 429 allowing the mechanics to work on all areas of the aircraft safely and efficiently.
The first Bell 429 stands were designed for Nassau County police in 2017. After feedback from the mechanics, S.A.F.E. engineered the latest models with anti-fatigue mats to protect the mechanics knees and back. Accessories to hold tools and waste were added to prevent FOD and help with tool control.
S.A.F.E. CEO Johnny Buscema said “I take the time to talk with mechanics and observe their working environment in order to design solutions that work. It is important that the stands are SAFE and user friendly. The stands have to be comfortable for the mechanics to get the work done efficiently and with minimal distraction. I always value the feedback from customers.”
S.A.F.E. will be hosting a Maintenance Safety Symposium in Dallas in June to provide safety information and networking opportunities for mechanics. Visit the S.A.F.E. Structure Designs booths #4432 and #130 for information on this event and other training and safety resources.
S.A.F.E. Structure Designs is the global leader in maintenance support equipment that strives to put safety first, S.A.F.E. listens to the needs of the maintenance teams and designs custom equipment to the exact specifications that consider realistic ergonomic factors as well as efficiency. S.A.F.E provides the answers to the unique challenges of working on complex aircraft.
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident
- General Electric Aviation awarded $101M contract for support of CH-53K
- Second Nigerian Air Force Mi-171E inducted
- RACQ CQ Rescue publishes 2020 mission stats
- LifeNet Partners with Columbus Community Hospital to Provide Air Medical Services
- US Army requests funding for Rescue Litter Stabilization System
- Bell Certifies New Helicopter Flight Data Monitoring Device
- Bristow appoints Area Manager in Brazil
- Updated Bucher EMS interior approved by EASA on H135
- The Loar Group Announces the Acquisition of Safe Flight Instrument Corporation