S.A.F.E. Structure Designs announced the delivery of efficient custom designed maintenance stands at Southern California Edison (SCE) to support their beautiful Bell 429 that is on display in the Bell exhibit at HeliExpo. The custom stands located at the SCE facility are designed specifically for the Bell 429 allowing the mechanics to work on all areas of the aircraft safely and efficiently.
The first Bell 429 stands were designed for Nassau County police in 2017. After feedback from the mechanics, S.A.F.E. engineered the latest models with anti-fatigue mats to protect the mechanics knees and back. Accessories to hold tools and waste were added to prevent FOD and help with tool control.
S.A.F.E. CEO Johnny Buscema said “I take the time to talk with mechanics and observe their working environment in order to design solutions that work. It is important that the stands are SAFE and user friendly. The stands have to be comfortable for the mechanics to get the work done efficiently and with minimal distraction. I always value the feedback from customers.”
S.A.F.E. will be hosting a Maintenance Safety Symposium in Dallas in June to provide safety information and networking opportunities for mechanics. Visit the S.A.F.E. Structure Designs booths #4432 and #130 for information on this event and other training and safety resources.
S.A.F.E. Structure Designs is the global leader in maintenance support equipment that strives to put safety first, S.A.F.E. listens to the needs of the maintenance teams and designs custom equipment to the exact specifications that consider realistic ergonomic factors as well as efficiency. S.A.F.E provides the answers to the unique challenges of working on complex aircraft.
- AEM Plans for Continued Growth with New Facility
- Winners of 37th Annual VFS Student Design Competition announced
- Jolly Green II begins aerial refueling tests
- Great North Air Ambulance adds AS365N3+ Dauphin
- Western Australia police orders first five-bladed H145
- Wysong enterprises completes Eagle 407HP for Helicopter Express
- Bell Takes Manufacturing to New Heights
- Netherlands’ Chinook purchase strengthens US-Coalition capabilities
- Children’s Air Ambulance offers pioneering medical treatment
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2020
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- 13-Aug-20 SP-SVW Robinson R44 Sady, Poland
- 13-Aug-20 OK-??? Robinson R44 Zamberk, Czech Republic
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000