S.A.F.E. Structure Designs is expanding its support of the maintenance sector of the helicopter industry by hosting a Maintenance Safety Symposium dedicated to providing the latest safety and training resources to mechanics. This first annual Maintenance Safety Symposium will focus on “Troubleshooting Technology”. The conference will be held in Dallas on June 10-11, 2020. This unique conference will be providing a series of interactive presentations that bring current information on the new generation of aircraft that requires an understanding of technology beyond the normal maintenance skills.
Co-hosting event will be the Helicopter Safety Alliance (HSA) and Southern Utah University (SUU). HSA provides regional safety and training outreach seminars throughout North America in conjunction with the FAA Safety Team (FAAST). SUU features a unique FAA approved helicopter A&P degree program. These organizations provide the knowledge and experience to make this event a valuable resource for all mechanics, avionics technicians and Directors of Maintenance.
“This Symposium dedicated to mechanics is necessary to provide them with resources and techniques to help them get the job done effectively and efficiently” says Terry Palmer, the event director. “New technology has often been frustrating and time consuming to maintain when mechanics are faced with challenges they haven’t seen before. Safety events like this have been provided for pilots for many years. This one is just for the mechanics and will help to provide input to the industry on what training resources will be needed to keep up with the new aircraft. Networking and sharing solutions will make their jobs easier and safer for all. The response to this event has been incredible. We are expecting a full house.”
Event sponsors will present information during the networking breaks. Airbus Helicopters and Bell will provide access to their maintenance training facilities on day 2 of the symposium. Also an IA renewal will be available on June 9, the day before the symposium for anyone that needs it.
Registration and sponsor information on the Maintenance Training Symposium, HSA events, SUU programs and other training resources are available at HeliExpo at the S.A.F.E. Structure Deisgns booths #4432 and #130. S.A.F.E. and SUU will also present “Maintenance Safety-First Solutions that Work” on Tuesday Jan 28, 8-9am. Please check the HeliExpo app or directory for the location. All are welcome and training certificates will be provided.
S.A.F.E. Structure Designs is the global leader in maintenance support equipment that strives to put safety first, S.A.F.E. listens to the needs of the maintenance teams. S.A.F.E. designs custom equipment to the exact specifications that consider realistic ergonomic factors as well as efficiency. S.A.F.E provides the answers to the unique challenges of working on complex aircraft.
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident
- General Electric Aviation awarded $101M contract for support of CH-53K
- Second Nigerian Air Force Mi-171E inducted
- RACQ CQ Rescue publishes 2020 mission stats
- LifeNet Partners with Columbus Community Hospital to Provide Air Medical Services
- US Army requests funding for Rescue Litter Stabilization System
- Bell Certifies New Helicopter Flight Data Monitoring Device
- Bristow appoints Area Manager in Brazil
- Updated Bucher EMS interior approved by EASA on H135
- The Loar Group Announces the Acquisition of Safe Flight Instrument Corporation
- Electric VTOL Aircraft Developments Advancing Despite Pandemic