Bell Textron Inc., a Textron Inc. (NYSE:TXT) company, announced today the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) will add four Bell aircraft including two Bell 429 and the first two IFR configured Bell 407GXi aircraft to their fleet, bringing their total to six Bell aircraft.
TVA is a corporate agency of the United States that provides electricity for business customers and local power companies serving 10 million people in parts of seven southeastern states. TVA provides flood control, navigation and land management for the Tennessee River system and assists local power companies and state and local governments with economic development and job creation.
“We have been proud providers to Tennessee Valley Authority for more than 20 years now and we’re honored that they continue to choose aircraft to support their mission,” said Doug Schoen, managing director, North America. “Adding the Bell 407GXi will allow TVA to cost-effectively operate a single-engine IFR aircraft to support their region.”
TVA’s Aviation Unit has been operating aircraft since 1930’s and currently flies two Bell 407s, a Bell 429 and a Bell 206L4, as well as two Cessna Citation XLS+ jets manufactured by sister company, Textron Aviation.
Bell announced the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has issued an Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for the Bell 407GXi in August 2019. The Bell 407GXi offers the lowest direct operating costs of any IFR-capable helicopter produced today.
“Helicopter’s are an investment that help us to improve safety and overall operational efficiency with minimal impact to the environment,” said David Hill, TVA general manager Aviation Services. “As the nation’s largest public power provider, with over 16,000 miles of transmission lines, helicopters help us to deliver low-cost, cleaner energy with 99.999 percent reliability to nearly 10 million people in the Tennessee Valley.”
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- Bell Certifies New Helicopter Flight Data Monitoring Device
- Foreign Military Sale of B412EPi and B429 to Guyana
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Bell Presents the Turkish Director General of Forestry with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Bell Presents the Turkish National Police with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Bell bundles SiriusXM Aviation Weather & Audio with new helicopters
- Bell Delivers the First TV News Helicopter to China
- Triumph To Provide Mechanical Flight Controls For Multiple Bell Platforms
- AeroBrigham awarded Jamaica Defence Force Bell 429 integration contract
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- Jamaica Defence Force picks CNC for airborne mission suites on 429 fleet
- 05-Mar-20 RP-3086 Bell 429 San Pedro, Philippines
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- S.A.F.E. Delivers Custom Bell 429 Stands to Southern California Edison
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- Life Flight Network Signs Purchase Agreement for B429 and B407GXi