Heli-One, a leading provider of helicopter maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) services, has opened a new engine test stand at their Stavanger, Norway location. This test stand features state-of-the-art technology that reduces testing times through automation and upgraded equipment. The stand supports the facility’s engine shop servicing the Safran Makila 1A engine variant.
Designed in close collaboration with Safran Helicopter Engines, the test stand features major advances in testing and safety technology. Test data reporting is now automated, facilitating faster and more informed maintenance decisions leading to lower overall project times. Based on testing performance and analytics, calibration adjustments to the engine can be made on the stand immediately. The test stand can process two engines in one working day, leading to faster turnaround times for a customer’s overhauled unit.
“We are excited to open this test stand for use – it is a great development for the Engine team that continues to deliver excellent MRO services for Makila operators worldwide. This test stand not only features modern data analytics but new safety features to keep our team, equipment, and engines safe in testing scenarios,” said Christian Drouin, Vice President Heli-One.
The Stavanger Engine shop offers full MRO for the Makila 1A (1A, 1A1, 1A2) variant including fuel control units, oil pumps, and bleed valves. The shop has a 45-day turnaround time on engine overhauls and has completed over 500 full overhauls and 1600 repairs.
- EHang 216 AAV completes first trial flights in Beijing airspace
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC
- Student pilot disputes NTSB report
- New rules for helicopter flights in the Everest region
- EHang Further Rebuts Short-Seller’s Allegations Concerning its Relationship with Kunxiang
- Minot AFB already preparing for MH-139A Grey Wolf
- Indonesian Army receive second Bell 412EPI
- Irish Community Rapid Response Air Ambulance reports 2020 stats
- EHang Wins Urban Air Mobility Call from Paris
- Gulf Med Aviation Services to invest in MRO training
- WAI receives $250,000 grant to fund additional scholarships
- Sloane Helicopters ranked in top 40 UK private companies for international sales growth
- Strategic New Appointments At Midlands Air Ambulance Charity
- Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Kuwait of AH-64E Apache