2019 PREOWNED HELI MARKET TRENDS
Ranks preowned twin-engine markets by liquidity, tracks trading values and breaks down sales & supply.
Preowned Helicopter Market Trends continues to improve
Aero Asset’s 2019 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends reveals that global market conditions continued to improve last year, amidst a slowdown in light and medium twin retail sales volume. The report, which covers twin engine helicopter markets is a product of Aero Asset’s proprietary intelligence and market research.
Overall preowned sales of $444 million (USD) were down five percent from 2018, while the estimated value of available preowned helicopters in the marketplace dropped 18 percent to $1.14 billion. Global absorption rate for preowned twin helicopters ended 2019 at one year, nine months, down three and a half months from 2018 year end.
Light twin market
Light twin supply for sale fell 20 percent in 2019, driven by EMS operator demand for MEGHAS & IFR equipped H135 & H145. Although light twin sales volume declined slightly year over year (YOY), market conditions improved with supply at 2019 trade level falling 20 percent last year and 40 percent since Q1 2018.
Medium twin market
Medium twin supply & retail sales volume fell slightly in 2019. Although supply at 2019 trade level was stable YOY, medium twin absorption rate remains 45 percent lower than Q1 2018. Preowned supply at the top end of most medium twin markets has dropped significantly.
Heavy twin market
Heavy twin supply on the market is up slightly YOY but retail sales volume is up as well to 10 units sold in 2019, a 300 percent increase YOY. Supply at 2019 trade levels dropped substantially to 21 months end of Q4 2019, showing a continued improvement of this asset class.
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software