2019 PREOWNED HELI MARKET TRENDS
Ranks preowned twin-engine markets by liquidity, tracks trading values and breaks down sales & supply.
Preowned Helicopter Market Trends continues to improve
Aero Asset’s 2019 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends reveals that global market conditions continued to improve last year, amidst a slowdown in light and medium twin retail sales volume. The report, which covers twin engine helicopter markets is a product of Aero Asset’s proprietary intelligence and market research.
Overall preowned sales of $444 million (USD) were down five percent from 2018, while the estimated value of available preowned helicopters in the marketplace dropped 18 percent to $1.14 billion. Global absorption rate for preowned twin helicopters ended 2019 at one year, nine months, down three and a half months from 2018 year end.
Light twin market
Light twin supply for sale fell 20 percent in 2019, driven by EMS operator demand for MEGHAS & IFR equipped H135 & H145. Although light twin sales volume declined slightly year over year (YOY), market conditions improved with supply at 2019 trade level falling 20 percent last year and 40 percent since Q1 2018.
Medium twin market
Medium twin supply & retail sales volume fell slightly in 2019. Although supply at 2019 trade level was stable YOY, medium twin absorption rate remains 45 percent lower than Q1 2018. Preowned supply at the top end of most medium twin markets has dropped significantly.
Heavy twin market
Heavy twin supply on the market is up slightly YOY but retail sales volume is up as well to 10 units sold in 2019, a 300 percent increase YOY. Supply at 2019 trade levels dropped substantially to 21 months end of Q4 2019, showing a continued improvement of this asset class.
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract
- Veelo Technologies Helping to Keep Aircraft Rotor Blades Out of the Oven
- Avfuel Adds Webinar and Human Factors Course to Training System
- EHang provides details of sales contracts to refute Wolfpack allegations
- Bristow closes $400M Notes offering and pays off term loans
- Whirly-Girls International release 2021 Scholarship Recipients
- SAFE wins contract for US Army UH-60 work platforms
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA
- Schiebel first UAS Operator in Europe to receive LUC from Austro Control
- Cornwall Air Ambulance now carries blood products
- EHang 216 AAV completes first trial flights in Beijing airspace
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC