Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance (HIOWAA) responded to 2,262 call-outs in 2019, compared to 1,429 in 2018; an increase of 58%.
The life-saving Charity ended the decade with their busiest year on record, having experienced their busiest month ever in July 2019, when they responded to 244 call-outs.
The Charity has revealed that of the 2,262 incidents they responded to in 2019, the largest number were to cardiac arrests, accounting for 28% (640) of all call-outs. Road traffic accidents accounted for a total of 17% (388).
HIOWAA CEO, Alex Lochrane, comments:
“In 2019 we increased our paramedic and doctor numbers and expanded our fleet of Critical Care Team Vehicles. As a result, we are now able to reach more patients than ever before in need of our advanced medical care. This has only been possible thanks to the ongoing generosity and unflinching support from members of all our communities in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.”
HIOWAA began operations in July 2007 and in November 2019, flew their 9,000th mission.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation