Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance (HIOWAA) responded to 2,262 call-outs in 2019, compared to 1,429 in 2018; an increase of 58%.
The life-saving Charity ended the decade with their busiest year on record, having experienced their busiest month ever in July 2019, when they responded to 244 call-outs.
The Charity has revealed that of the 2,262 incidents they responded to in 2019, the largest number were to cardiac arrests, accounting for 28% (640) of all call-outs. Road traffic accidents accounted for a total of 17% (388).
HIOWAA CEO, Alex Lochrane, comments:
“In 2019 we increased our paramedic and doctor numbers and expanded our fleet of Critical Care Team Vehicles. As a result, we are now able to reach more patients than ever before in need of our advanced medical care. This has only been possible thanks to the ongoing generosity and unflinching support from members of all our communities in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.”
HIOWAA began operations in July 2007 and in November 2019, flew their 9,000th mission.
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- Leonardo extends training capabilities to rotorcraft UAS
- CBE+ has been selected by OEM Leonardo
- COVID-19 – AOPA backs emergency airport funding to fight coronavirus impact
- Queensland Police Bo105 passes 10,000 hours
- RACQ LifeFlight open new aeromedical base at Bundaberg
- COVID-19 – Italian Air Force HH-101A used for bioncontainment transport
- Optima Aero becomes a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organisation
- COVID-19 – Rotorcorp COVID-19 Virus Status & Response
- Helitech World Expo (ex Vertical Flight Expo) picks April 2021 dates
- COVID-19 – British helicopter industry steps up – but still needs more help
- Maryland State Police mark 50 years of medevac flights
- Shady Cove airport opens new helipad