Genesys Aerosystems announced today that Bell has selected the VFR HeliSAS Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System as a factory-installed option. Genesys also announced envelope protection, a unique new feature on VFR HeliSAS for the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X.
HeliSAS has been installed in over 1,000 small to medium sized helicopters, and Genesys continuously advances the feature set to expand functionality and safety. The envelope protection feature will offer speed protection in ALT (Altitude hold), SPD (VS and IAS hold) and VRT (Glideslope) modes to ensure the pilot will not inadvertently enter into an unsafe situation. HeliSAS will actively correct attitude to ensure safe speeds as well as provide aural alerts to warn pilots also known as limit cueing.
“We are excited to add the Bell 505 to our long list of helicopters certified and flying with HeliSAS, and look forward to partnering with Bell to offer its owners and operators the proven lifesaving technology HeliSAS provides” says Jamie Luster, Genesys Aerosystems Director of Sales and Marketing. “We are also proud to introduce new safety features to HeliSAS for the Bell 505 including airspeed protection and Yaw control,” Luster added.
Key features of the Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System on the Bell 505 include:
- Automatic recovery to near-level flight attitude at all airspeeds
- Stability engagement throughout all phases of flight from startup to shut down
- Autopilot Pitch Control – Altitude Hold, IAS Hold, VS HOLD, GS
- Autopilot Roll Control – HDG Hold, NAV, LOC, VOR
- Optional YAW control
- Over Speed and Under Speed Protection
Contact Bell for pricing of VFR HeliSAS purchased as an option with the Bell 505 helicopter. For current Bell 505 owners, VFR HeliSAS is also offered as a retrofit option in the field through a Genesys Aerosystems approved dealer. Current pricing for the Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS on the Bell 505 is $70,259 for 2-axis and $85,259 for 3-axis. Pricing includes all equipment required, along with the installation kit; pricing does not include installation of the equipment. Orders are currently accepted through authorized dealers and shipping begins in the coming months. Foreign authority validations are expected to follow shortly after FAA certification.
About Genesys Aerosystems
Genesys Aerosystems is a leading provider of integrated avionics systems for military and civil customers. Genesys Aerosystems’ avionics systems can be offered individually or integrated to provide an entire cockpit. Its synthetic vision Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS) revolutionized safety in low-level flight operations. Genesys has shipped over 40,000 S-TEC autopilot systems. We offer one of the most comprehensive portfolios of autopilots for airplanes and helicopters. From low-cost analog wing levelers to sophisticated, digital, three-axis systems with Flight Director and envelope protection, S-TEC has over 1,500 FAA and international certifications for more than 1,000 aircraft types. And S-TEC’s HeliSAS® brings digital, full-authority autopilot and stability augmentation technology to light single and twin-engine helicopters. For more information, visit https://www.genesys-
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation
- DRF Luftrettung H135 and H145 receive EMS equipment
- COVID-19 – MD Helicopter launches flight support for COVID-19 humanitarian missions
- Autoflug and Volocopter partner on air taxi seats
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules