Genesys Aerosystems announced today that Bell has selected the VFR HeliSAS Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System as a factory-installed option. Genesys also announced envelope protection, a unique new feature on VFR HeliSAS for the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X.
HeliSAS has been installed in over 1,000 small to medium sized helicopters, and Genesys continuously advances the feature set to expand functionality and safety. The envelope protection feature will offer speed protection in ALT (Altitude hold), SPD (VS and IAS hold) and VRT (Glideslope) modes to ensure the pilot will not inadvertently enter into an unsafe situation. HeliSAS will actively correct attitude to ensure safe speeds as well as provide aural alerts to warn pilots also known as limit cueing.
“We are excited to add the Bell 505 to our long list of helicopters certified and flying with HeliSAS, and look forward to partnering with Bell to offer its owners and operators the proven lifesaving technology HeliSAS provides” says Jamie Luster, Genesys Aerosystems Director of Sales and Marketing. “We are also proud to introduce new safety features to HeliSAS for the Bell 505 including airspeed protection and Yaw control,” Luster added.
Key features of the Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System on the Bell 505 include:
- Automatic recovery to near-level flight attitude at all airspeeds
- Stability engagement throughout all phases of flight from startup to shut down
- Autopilot Pitch Control – Altitude Hold, IAS Hold, VS HOLD, GS
- Autopilot Roll Control – HDG Hold, NAV, LOC, VOR
- Optional YAW control
- Over Speed and Under Speed Protection
Contact Bell for pricing of VFR HeliSAS purchased as an option with the Bell 505 helicopter. For current Bell 505 owners, VFR HeliSAS is also offered as a retrofit option in the field through a Genesys Aerosystems approved dealer. Current pricing for the Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS on the Bell 505 is $70,259 for 2-axis and $85,259 for 3-axis. Pricing includes all equipment required, along with the installation kit; pricing does not include installation of the equipment. Orders are currently accepted through authorized dealers and shipping begins in the coming months. Foreign authority validations are expected to follow shortly after FAA certification.
About Genesys Aerosystems
Genesys Aerosystems is a leading provider of integrated avionics systems for military and civil customers. Genesys Aerosystems’ avionics systems can be offered individually or integrated to provide an entire cockpit. Its synthetic vision Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS) revolutionized safety in low-level flight operations. Genesys has shipped over 40,000 S-TEC autopilot systems. We offer one of the most comprehensive portfolios of autopilots for airplanes and helicopters. From low-cost analog wing levelers to sophisticated, digital, three-axis systems with Flight Director and envelope protection, S-TEC has over 1,500 FAA and international certifications for more than 1,000 aircraft types. And S-TEC’s HeliSAS® brings digital, full-authority autopilot and stability augmentation technology to light single and twin-engine helicopters. For more information, visit https://www.genesys-
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software