Genesys Aerosystems announced today that Bell has selected the VFR HeliSAS Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System as a factory-installed option. Genesys also announced envelope protection, a unique new feature on VFR HeliSAS for the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X.
HeliSAS has been installed in over 1,000 small to medium sized helicopters, and Genesys continuously advances the feature set to expand functionality and safety. The envelope protection feature will offer speed protection in ALT (Altitude hold), SPD (VS and IAS hold) and VRT (Glideslope) modes to ensure the pilot will not inadvertently enter into an unsafe situation. HeliSAS will actively correct attitude to ensure safe speeds as well as provide aural alerts to warn pilots also known as limit cueing.
“We are excited to add the Bell 505 to our long list of helicopters certified and flying with HeliSAS, and look forward to partnering with Bell to offer its owners and operators the proven lifesaving technology HeliSAS provides” says Jamie Luster, Genesys Aerosystems Director of Sales and Marketing. “We are also proud to introduce new safety features to HeliSAS for the Bell 505 including airspeed protection and Yaw control,” Luster added.
Key features of the Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System on the Bell 505 include:
- Automatic recovery to near-level flight attitude at all airspeeds
- Stability engagement throughout all phases of flight from startup to shut down
- Autopilot Pitch Control – Altitude Hold, IAS Hold, VS HOLD, GS
- Autopilot Roll Control – HDG Hold, NAV, LOC, VOR
- Optional YAW control
- Over Speed and Under Speed Protection
Contact Bell for pricing of VFR HeliSAS purchased as an option with the Bell 505 helicopter. For current Bell 505 owners, VFR HeliSAS is also offered as a retrofit option in the field through a Genesys Aerosystems approved dealer. Current pricing for the Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS on the Bell 505 is $70,259 for 2-axis and $85,259 for 3-axis. Pricing includes all equipment required, along with the installation kit; pricing does not include installation of the equipment. Orders are currently accepted through authorized dealers and shipping begins in the coming months. Foreign authority validations are expected to follow shortly after FAA certification.
About Genesys Aerosystems
Genesys Aerosystems is a leading provider of integrated avionics systems for military and civil customers. Genesys Aerosystems’ avionics systems can be offered individually or integrated to provide an entire cockpit. Its synthetic vision Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS) revolutionized safety in low-level flight operations. Genesys has shipped over 40,000 S-TEC autopilot systems. We offer one of the most comprehensive portfolios of autopilots for airplanes and helicopters. From low-cost analog wing levelers to sophisticated, digital, three-axis systems with Flight Director and envelope protection, S-TEC has over 1,500 FAA and international certifications for more than 1,000 aircraft types. And S-TEC’s HeliSAS® brings digital, full-authority autopilot and stability augmentation technology to light single and twin-engine helicopters. For more information, visit https://www.genesys-
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification