This IFR Helicopter was purchased NEW in 1977 by Dr. Forrest Bird. Dr. Bird was noted for his work with oxygen systems in the aviation and medical fields. He was an avid aviation supporter his entire life and maintained an aviation museum with dozens of aircraft on display until his death the age of 94.
In October 2019, Red Rains, LLC of Odessa, Texas purchased this original Bell 212 through Helicopter Marketing Associates, LLC of Colleyville, Texas.
The new owners are active supporters of Wounded Warriors Family Support (WWFS), a 501C (3) organization, which focuses on providing support to caregivers and families of wounded war veterans. It is their mutual support of WWFS that motivated them to purchase this Bell 212 when it became available. Along with two other helicopters, the Bell 212 will be used for activities with wounded warrior families at WWFS events.
Both AeroBrigham, LLC and Helicopter Marketing Associates, LLC are pleased to be featuring WWFS and provide them a forum to make people aware of their organization and the services provided to the wounded warriors and their families. WWFS has a 4-Star Rating from Charity Navigator. Additional information about this organization can be found at www.wwfs.org
Following HeliExpo, this helicopter will undergo an avionics upgrade at AeroBrigham. The installation will include a new Garmin GTX-750/650 radio package along with an upgraded cockpit and cabin intercom system.
We are also proud to have Colonel John Folsom, USMC (Ret.) along with the new owners Mr. Ronnie Rains and Mr. Wayne “Butch” Gilliam, available to answer questions on Tuesday, January 28 at 2:00pm at Heli-Expo 2020, Anaheim, CA.
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software