This IFR Helicopter was purchased NEW in 1977 by Dr. Forrest Bird. Dr. Bird was noted for his work with oxygen systems in the aviation and medical fields. He was an avid aviation supporter his entire life and maintained an aviation museum with dozens of aircraft on display until his death the age of 94.
In October 2019, Red Rains, LLC of Odessa, Texas purchased this original Bell 212 through Helicopter Marketing Associates, LLC of Colleyville, Texas.
The new owners are active supporters of Wounded Warriors Family Support (WWFS), a 501C (3) organization, which focuses on providing support to caregivers and families of wounded war veterans. It is their mutual support of WWFS that motivated them to purchase this Bell 212 when it became available. Along with two other helicopters, the Bell 212 will be used for activities with wounded warrior families at WWFS events.
Both AeroBrigham, LLC and Helicopter Marketing Associates, LLC are pleased to be featuring WWFS and provide them a forum to make people aware of their organization and the services provided to the wounded warriors and their families. WWFS has a 4-Star Rating from Charity Navigator. Additional information about this organization can be found at www.wwfs.org
Following HeliExpo, this helicopter will undergo an avionics upgrade at AeroBrigham. The installation will include a new Garmin GTX-750/650 radio package along with an upgraded cockpit and cabin intercom system.
We are also proud to have Colonel John Folsom, USMC (Ret.) along with the new owners Mr. Ronnie Rains and Mr. Wayne “Butch” Gilliam, available to answer questions on Tuesday, January 28 at 2:00pm at Heli-Expo 2020, Anaheim, CA.
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- RNAS Culdrose to control satellite airfield remotely
- Ideagen and PHI Aviation Agree Five-Year Safety Management Software Deal
- WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
- G+ and HeliOffshore collaborate on helicopter operations for wind farms
- Air Ambulances UK announces new CEO
- Inter-Tec Group opens a new business in Ireland
- Airbus recognizes 2 employees with 50 years of service
- Summit Aviation makes appointment to new Director of Program Management role
- Milestone Aviation and NHV Group expand partnership
- HAI names recipient of the 2021 Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- USHST identifies need for Automatic Flight Control Systems in light helicopters
- NHV awarded contract by Allseas Engineering
- Volocopter Raises €200 Million in Series D Funding Round
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms