This IFR Helicopter was purchased NEW in 1977 by Dr. Forrest Bird. Dr. Bird was noted for his work with oxygen systems in the aviation and medical fields. He was an avid aviation supporter his entire life and maintained an aviation museum with dozens of aircraft on display until his death the age of 94.
In October 2019, Red Rains, LLC of Odessa, Texas purchased this original Bell 212 through Helicopter Marketing Associates, LLC of Colleyville, Texas.
The new owners are active supporters of Wounded Warriors Family Support (WWFS), a 501C (3) organization, which focuses on providing support to caregivers and families of wounded war veterans. It is their mutual support of WWFS that motivated them to purchase this Bell 212 when it became available. Along with two other helicopters, the Bell 212 will be used for activities with wounded warrior families at WWFS events.
Both AeroBrigham, LLC and Helicopter Marketing Associates, LLC are pleased to be featuring WWFS and provide them a forum to make people aware of their organization and the services provided to the wounded warriors and their families. WWFS has a 4-Star Rating from Charity Navigator. Additional information about this organization can be found at www.wwfs.org
Following HeliExpo, this helicopter will undergo an avionics upgrade at AeroBrigham. The installation will include a new Garmin GTX-750/650 radio package along with an upgraded cockpit and cabin intercom system.
We are also proud to have Colonel John Folsom, USMC (Ret.) along with the new owners Mr. Ronnie Rains and Mr. Wayne “Butch” Gilliam, available to answer questions on Tuesday, January 28 at 2:00pm at Heli-Expo 2020, Anaheim, CA.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf