This IFR Helicopter was purchased NEW in 1977 by Dr. Forrest Bird. Dr. Bird was noted for his work with oxygen systems in the aviation and medical fields. He was an avid aviation supporter his entire life and maintained an aviation museum with dozens of aircraft on display until his death the age of 94.
In October 2019, Red Rains, LLC of Odessa, Texas purchased this original Bell 212 through Helicopter Marketing Associates, LLC of Colleyville, Texas.
The new owners are active supporters of Wounded Warriors Family Support (WWFS), a 501C (3) organization, which focuses on providing support to caregivers and families of wounded war veterans. It is their mutual support of WWFS that motivated them to purchase this Bell 212 when it became available. Along with two other helicopters, the Bell 212 will be used for activities with wounded warrior families at WWFS events.
Both AeroBrigham, LLC and Helicopter Marketing Associates, LLC are pleased to be featuring WWFS and provide them a forum to make people aware of their organization and the services provided to the wounded warriors and their families. WWFS has a 4-Star Rating from Charity Navigator. Additional information about this organization can be found at www.wwfs.org
Following HeliExpo, this helicopter will undergo an avionics upgrade at AeroBrigham. The installation will include a new Garmin GTX-750/650 radio package along with an upgraded cockpit and cabin intercom system.
We are also proud to have Colonel John Folsom, USMC (Ret.) along with the new owners Mr. Ronnie Rains and Mr. Wayne “Butch” Gilliam, available to answer questions on Tuesday, January 28 at 2:00pm at Heli-Expo 2020, Anaheim, CA.
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work
- Edmonton Police take delivery of new Airbus H125
- South Korea certifies the VK-2500PS-03 engine for the Mi-171A2
- Wales Air Ambulance starts 24×7 ops
- DynCorp extends CalFire support contract
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- NASA Begins Flight Testing Campaign for Future Airspace Mobility
- EASA Approves HTC Blades for Bell Huey
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters
- FAA approves five-blade Airbus H145
- EASA issues 3rd edition of Helicopter Flight Instructor Guide
- HAI determined that Heli-Expo 2021 will be live, not virtual
- MD Helicopters completes another MD500E conversion to MD530F
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- Brazil’s Federal Highway Police orders six AW119s
- Elbit win $96M Contract for a Rotary-Wing Mission Training Center
- Leonardo to add extra baggage pod to AW189
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal