AT Systems, LLC is proud to be invited to demonstrate new training technology at HeliExpo. AT Systems has patented a device that trains pilots for degraded visual environment during normal training flights. The device can be seen at the Safety Town Hall and in several exhibits. This totally unique device is the latest technology in training for low visibility events such as Inadvertent IMC, brown-out or white-out conditions. The device originally designed for military training, attaches to a helmet without modification and produces a degraded visual environment controlled by an instructor-operated iPad.
This mode of training allows the pilot to experience both simulated visibility and the actual sensations the body feels during forward flight. While flight simulators reduce visibility and give the illusion of movement, the ATS device provides reduced visibility while actually moving increasing the likelihood of visual and vestibular illusions. The pilot gets the actual aircraft motion during flight. Through internal safety sensors the system is removed from the pilots field of view if predefined conditions are exceeded, restoring an unobstructed view for aircraft recovery. The unit can be used anytime during a training flight, including during NVG training.
Effective real-world training will decrease high accident rates occurring in reduced visibility environments. This new technology will be affordable and easy to use and provides the most effective training for a degraded visual environment.
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- RNAS Culdrose control tower to move off airfield
- Ideagen and PHI Aviation Agree Five-Year Safety Management Software Deal
- WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
- G+ and HeliOffshore collaborate on helicopter operations for wind farms
- Air Ambulances UK announces new CEO
- Inter-Tec Group opens a new business in Ireland
- Airbus recognizes 2 employees with 50 years of service
- Summit Aviation makes appointment to new Director of Program Management role
- Milestone Aviation and NHV Group expand partnership
- HAI names recipient of the 2021 Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- USHST identifies need for Automatic Flight Control Systems in light helicopters
- NHV awarded contract by Allseas Engineering
- Volocopter Raises €200 Million in Series D Funding Round
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms